Show me your dive room

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

y'all (yes, i'm from texas), just reminded me of something i thought was funny. when my husband and i come home from a dive trip and clean all our gear and then we have stuff hanging everywhere possible in the bathroom, and stuff all over the counter drying.......compasses, lights, gloves, and on and on, and fins propped up everywhere...........you get the idea........my daughter, a young adult, goes in there, and comments.......'it looks like a boat exploded in here'. still makes me laugh.

The biggest challenge we have is keeping things tidy while recharging the toys. if you dive 3x a week it seems like the "spot" for scooters and lights is crowded around an outlet, not in it's place on the rack.

With scooters, can lights, camera, and "stuff" all needing to plug in for a charge, it seems like there is always a pile of stuff cluttered up around the outlets. We gota find a better system.

Vie, where did you get those shelving things? Those look heavy duty!

A guy I knew made them for me out of heavy duty shower curtain rails, aluminium extrusions, wire, rivets and zip ties...

I am envious! I need to move out of Los Angeles, so I can have real space with a real house and a real yard.

Currently, some of my dive gear lives in a rubbermade bin (which is what I transport my gear in the car), my wetsuits hang in the closet next to my regular non-wet clothing, the extra gear, doo-dads, and accessories are in a big wheeled suitcase, my tanks are in a little storage area in the carport, and my kayaks live up at a friend's house, 20 miles away.

Maybe I should post a pic of all that, it would be kinda funny.

Mine, my wife's, daughter's and son-in-law's gear live in one half of a two car garage in warm weather and take up a good part of the basement in cold weather. I found one great chromed rolling wrack that was for sale when a K-Mart went out of business and sold EVERYTHING. Now I wish I had bought more than one, because they are sturdy and come apart to go with me on local dive trips. Six tanks, gear for 4 people, plus, plastic bins, extra stuff take up a lot of space. I really should get more organized.

BTW, did anyone notice that Bob (NW Grateful Diver) has like 20 tanks, but only one fin?

This is mine.

Its a rare day when the truck isn't loaded up.

Once in a great while I vac out the sand.

---
Ken

This is mine.

Its a rare day when the truck isn't loaded up.

Once in a great while I vac out the sand.

---
Ken
Thats a land crusier, right?

Okay, this thread has me cracking up. I guess because my husband and I live in San Francisco where you are lucky to get a flat with a garage, all this talk of basements and extra bedrooms has me a bit green with envy. Unfortunately, we don't have the space for a gear area. Most of the time, wetsuits are in the coat closet (coats generally don't go in for if they do, they come out with the smell of neoprene), tanks in the garage, gear boxes in the spare bedroom/office/catchall room.

We are super-fortunate in that we don't have to share our garage, except that we have our SUV, two motorcycles, two push bikes, 2 kiteboarding kites, one board,. three snowboards and three sets of snowboarding boots, and all my law school books in it- so ....... yeah, its pretty cramped. :)

Oh yeah, and the Costco bundle of toilet paper is in there - that accounts for about 1/3 of the total garage space :D This thread has inspired me though............ I love organizing, so it wasn't hard to do.

OK, The sample so far just cannot be typical.
I have all my stuff and my wife's stuff in a 7 to 8 ft wide closet. And that includes all the stuff I bought at first and don't use now. Enough for 4 people to go diving in New England!
I have my cars in the garage.. OK the weights, flag and tanks are there too.
I wear my regulator around my neck all the time. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom