Show off your Bp/W rigs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Too funny, everyone with a Halcyon want to show and tell

Mine's a simple DR al plate & Travel wing....
bp-w.jpg

Halcyon SS plate with Cinch and Evolve 40 doubles wing for diving ... well doubles :)

Deep Sea Supply SS plate with Oxycheq Mach V 30 wing for singles. With DSS weight plates for diving dry.

A sweet AL Freedom plate for warm water, light exposure suit vacation diving:

ScubaBoard Gallery - Freedom Plate

I use the Oxycheq wing on the Freedom plate and keep the wing in place with plastic book screws - it's not necessary, but it does make it easier to assemble the rig. I use weight pockets on the 2 tank straps for trim weights.

All my plates are rigged with a basic webbing harness (HOG style) with 2 chest D-rings (bent) for clipping back-up lights etc., one left hip D-ring for the SPG etc. and 2 D-rings on the crotch strap. Reels get clipped to either hip or rear crotch strap ring.

I have pockets on my suits, and that's where SMB/spool, back-up mask, signaling geat etc. gets stored.

Henrik

If I didn't know better, I would think Halycon was the one and only BP/W setup ;-) - Speak up you "other" guys (DSS, OMS, Oxycheq, etc) :p

If your rig has mountings on the backplate - it would be awesome if you could include shots of the side and perhaps back profile. Everyone likes more pictures...or atleast I do :D

If I didn't know better, I would think Halycon was the one and only BP/W setup ;-) - Speak up you "other" guys (DSS, OMS, Oxycheq, etc) :p

If your rig has mountings on the backplate - it would be awesome if you could include shots of the side and perhaps back profile. Everyone likes more pictures...or atleast I do :D

Not sure what you mean by "mountings"

I frequently tell new BP&W divers to avoid trying to convert a BP&W into a jacket BC with weight pouches and pockets and AirII's etc.

If that's what you want stick with a conventional BC.

If you want the advantages of a BP&W take a hard look at what you need to take with you. Some of these items can be clipped off, the rest IMO belong in X-Shorts or pockets on your exposure suit.

Want other pictures? Here a pic of a DSS rig, medium SS plate, 8.1 bolt on weights, Torus 26 wing, Hogarthian harness.

https://www.deepseasupply.com/

Tobin

:rofl3:

I have a Rolex...oops, wrong thread.

I'm just used to stowing everything (ie flashlights, smbs, scissors, knives, cameras, mesh bags for garbage, etc) in my pockets - just want to see how folks "mount"/clip these items on their BP/W setup...

What are 8.1 bolt on weights - looking at the picture - guessing 8.1lbs of weight bolted to the back of the plate?

Not sure what you mean by "mountings"

I frequently tell new BP&W divers to avoid trying to convert a BP&W into a jacket BC with weight pouches and pockets and AirII's etc.

If that's what you want stick with a conventional BC.

If you want the advantages of a BP&W take a hard look at what you need to take with you. Some of these items can be clipped off, the rest IMO belong in X-Shorts or pockets on your exposure suit.

Want other pictures? Here a pic of a DSS rig, medium SS plate, 8.1 bolt on weights, Torus 26 wing, Hogarthian harness.

https://www.deepseasupply.com/

Tobin

I'm just used to stowing everything (ie flashlights, smbs, scissors, knives, cameras, mesh bags for garbage, etc) in my pockets - just want to see how folks "mount"/clip these items on their BP/W setup...

Leave what you don't really need at home, clip off a few specific items and use pockets on the exposure suit for the rest (or X shorts)

Nobody I know clips off all their extra goodies around the perimeter of the plate.

Embrace the concept or just stick with a conventional BC.

What are 8.1 bolt on weights - looking at the picture - guessing 8.1lbs of weight bolted to the back of the plate?

https://www.deepseasupply.com/index.php?product=7

Tobin

Last edited:
OK, I'll try and break the Halcyon love-fest (not that there's anything wrong with it...damn good products).

I use a 5 lb DSS steel plate with a DR Transplate harness. SPG is clipped off to left hip D-ring; SMB is stored in a sleeve on the bottom of my plate (which I remove for cave diving); and cutting tool is my waistband, to the left of my buckle. Crotchstrap has a counter-lung D-ring for safety spool. I use an Oxycheq 18 lb wing for recreational diving. For doubles, I've comandeered my other half's DSS 49 lb donut wing until I can order my own (although chances are, the lift will be smaller). I'm still working on optimum placement for back-up light stowage...single-piece webbing is definitely more forgiving when it comes to bungeeing items down securely than the Transplate, where the quick-release buckles get in the way. Looks like gluing a pocket on my wetsuit, with a bit of bungee on the inside for securing items, will be the next step. That and single-piece webbing, I reckon.

Mine is the one on the left:

4846445902_c3b9345290_z.jpg

I have an OMS 45lb single bladder wing, OMS AL backplate, pink one piece harness with 4 d-rings (one on each shoulder, on on left hip, one butt d-ring). I carry backup lights clipped onto the shoulder d-rings, reel usually on the butt d-ring and sometimes a can light on the right hip. This is fairly standard with buddies and things are easily accessible. I have a line cutter on the waist of my harness. Extras include sometimes an extra bottle clipped to left shoulder and hip d-ring, and sometimes my camera on one of the shoulder ones. My SPG is clipped to my left shoulder d-ring, tried hip but don't like it. When not in use my long hose is clipped to the right shoulder d-ring.

I use it for ocean diving and cave diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom