Showing your card...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would like to ask this question.

Why do we think a shop or person should be responsible for the stupidity of others?

here in the US we hold people and companies responsible for the dumbist things. When are we going to start holding people responsible for thier own actions.

Hallmac

missileman62 once bubbled...
Mike can't expect us all to honestly think that at every fill station only the owner does the filling...eventually that job will get left to someone with a strong back...hopefully that person will share the views of Mike and not want to fill just anything for $5.

I would think that most LDS would want to see what kind of card I am carrying in the attempt of selling me the next one....lol!

I really don't see how if you see my card or not determines how carefully I will actually use the fill I just paid for. Thanks for your comments Mike....the "fill monkey" comment could have been a bit over the top.

Missileman

Lots of the shops around here are small and don't have any employees other than the owners. We had a shop for about 3 1/2 years and every fill ever done for a customer was done by my wife or I. The next closest shop is the same.

I have a dive buddy that was too busy to certify but dove every year on vacation, mostly but not always on resort dives. Finally three years ago he was diving off a boat in Grand Cayman and they carded him twenty minutes out for some reason. When he failed to produce the requisite card they became angry and made him wade in at Seven Mile Beach. He had no wallet or money and barely made it back to Georgetown before his Cruise Line left port. Took his OW course as soon as he could after returning. At least someone is doing their job. This is also why I dont think resort courses are a great idea. Gives people the sense that diving is real simple and full training is unnecessary.

Sell 'em guns but card them for bullets. I've never been carded for either (air or ammunition).:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom