Shriveling Diver...Please Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aowdan

Contributor
Reaction score
Selma, Lawd, Selma, Alabama (you know, 13 National
# of dives
100 - 199
I am drying out. Please, can someone help me get hydrated?
Just looking for some folks to go diving when it gets a little warmer.
Pelham...Gulf spear fishing...Lake Martin...Smith Lake...
I've been gone from here for 20 years...
Need new diving places. I am used to the Keys.
In Selma now, but will travel.

Dan

send pm if needed...

We'll be at Jackson Blue on the 20th...Come Dive with Us!

Being back in the panhandle, you may want to consider a cavern course. This will allow you to dive year round no matter what conditions are like in the gulf or what water temps are at Pelham.

You can always come dive ABWA www.divealabama.com

Right now, we're open Sat 9a-5p and Sun 1p-5p...but should be resuming regular hours in the springtime. The water is absolutely frigid this time of year, but the vis is good :D
It'll start warming up around April-May.

I second Rob. Unless you just wanted to go up towards the quarry I would head to the panhandle. Many dive sites to choose from.

I am drying out. Please, can someone help me get hydrated?
Just looking for some folks to go diving when it gets a little warmer.
Pelham...Gulf spear fishing...Lake Martin...Smith Lake...
I've been gone from here for 20 years...
Need new diving places. I am used to the Keys.
In Selma now, but will travel.

Dan

send pm if needed...

This sounds like a terrible affliction. I recommend heavy doses of both salt and fresh water until this condition subsides :D. I got cavern certified with Robert Neto not only because cavern diving interested me, but it allows me to keep diving when the gulf isn't cooperating. You can take a cavern class in regular open water gear, so you don't have to go "tec" and spend alot of money just to take the course. Plus the water in the springs are generally even clearer than in the keys :D.

Last edited:
You can always come dive ABWA www.divealabama.com

Right now, we're open Sat 9a-5p and Sun 1p-5p...but should be resuming regular hours in the springtime. The water is absolutely frigid this time of year, but the vis is good :D
It'll start warming up around April-May.

Don't believe this blasphemy, my computer has read a nice warm 50-52 deg F the the last month :D

Guys Im waiting for the warmer water too. I cant wait to hit Lake Martin. Been wanting to do it for a while. I guess the days click off faster now. Hey if they dont go fast enuff go buy new gear on credit, man those payments will reoccur in like 12 days! LOL Keep the good viz, I dont think I got enuff lead to hold me under with my 26MM suits on!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom