Sidemount dot com is it worth it ????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Klieb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have been dabbling in side for a little bit now and am in no way a sidemount diver but i have seriously considering doing the course on sidemount.com the price is acceptable I am just wondering if it is worth the money and can you really learn Sidemount from an online course or would you say I should take an instructor led course from the Shop I work with. any useful input welcome

i guess you mean sidemounting.com | Online video training courses for Scuba Divers
steve martin is a genius. i dont knw if i would spend money on a online course.
i would rather book sombody todo a sidemount skill course/training
If your are just getting started, Steve Martin's videos are awesome. Absolutely worth it for anyone with less than 50 side mount dives, or anyone still struggling with their SM diving.

I definitely got my money's worth.

Concur with the above. Unless you have a very solid local sidemount instructor (most are lacking), then it's a useful introduction that can later be polished under watchful eye.

Given that there is a fairly large number of instructors who are certified to teach sidemount but in reality can't, nothing wrong with spending money on Steve's videos.
Unless you can find a local instructor who actually dives sidemount primarily (I used to do OW checkouts in SM), and has experience with multiple rigs, his videos are a great place to start.
The other option is to travel to an instructor who can help you. I had one student come to PA from Virginia to take my SM class.
You are in Texas, I'd advise getting in touch with Bjorn Loftis who is actually qualified to teach the class. He doesn't just have the instructor card that many got after a one weekend workshop. Bjorn Loftis

Very much worth the money for me, especially when setting up my xdeep stealth tec. The videos provide a really solid foundation, and after doing a lot more learning on the sidemount front, I really like the way they put together the rig and the methods they use generally. I ended up doing a tech class with the local sidemount instructor (both as students) who would have shown me the ropes if I hadn't gone the video route. Let's just say the experience confirmed that sidemounting.com was the way to go for me.

I was just on the site and really couldn't get a feel for the pricing. What are you guys paying?

Back
Top Bottom