Sidemount HP120s?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah those are popular tanks but true neutral tanks (neg at the beginning, pos at the end of a dive) are way better for any kind of tank swinging, and also for 'unblanced' tank loads.

The standard AL80 make a diver carry the weight on their body, but when one can load up an 3 on one side and two ont he other load, or monkey dive a single tank or really any possible combination, AL80 shine. Including swinging two tanks forward

And you are saying the Faber 85's balance like that too?

So, I rented 3 hp100s today and now I'm not sure about the 120's

I really enjoyed having 3 tanks. I used one and a half on each dive. It was great not being too worried about air. Instead we just watched our NDL and moved up the water column as needed.

Now I'm thinking instead of getting rid of my lp85s I could just add one more for those times when I need it.

Overall, the hp100's are a great tank. Are you diving rock bottom profiles?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Faber LP85s swing around neutral, going from over 3 lbs negative (depending on fill pressure) to a litter over 2 lbs positive as they near empty. So they're easier to handle in water and push forward. They are different in this regard from the Worthington LP85s, which stay negative.

I just converted my Faber FX100s from independent twins to a manifolded twinset. I prefer them that way over sidemount.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So, I rented 3 hp100s today and now I'm not sure about the 120's

I really enjoyed having 3 tanks. I used one and a half on each dive. It was great not being too worried about air. Instead we just watched our NDL and moved up the water column as needed.

Now I'm thinking instead of getting rid of my lp85s I could just add one more for those times when I need it.

Cool!

Another take three tanks on the boat convert! Glad you got another option on what you can do, one that is only possible with sidemount.

I am a big sidemount fan for this kind of situation, where diving doubles does not mean having to dive the same set both dives, not a whole new set on the second dive. If you really want to make the tanks match for the second dive, you can get a transfill whip and balance the tanks before the second dive. That's one of those tool that once you have it you will find your self using it alot.

Did you notice that you were unblanced much? I sue standard 80s and maybe because actually they get positive the tanks can unbalance me a bit. When I really worry about it, I bring a 2# clip weight along to move from side to side.

Back
Top Bottom