Silent World Dive Center Key Largo *********

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove with Silent World for my very first ocean dive about a year back and was very impressed. (Dove with another outfit for the second day of diving and was disgusted. The conversations I overheard from the skipper while everyone else except me was diving the Grove was horrifying.) However, I digress.
I am happy to hear that the customer service I received from Silent World is alive and well. I constantly recommend their operation to anyone I know that is going to the Keys. I was impressed with the knowledge and professionalism of their boat crews and the fact that they kept the number small. Never did I feel "like a number".
I, too, experienced their willingness to go above and beyond for their customers. When renting the BC and reg setup they realized that they didn't have a BC to fit me (everything they had was too large). So, the owner let me use his wife's brand new BC for the morning dives. Pretty impressive to someone so new to the sport. Even more so in light of the loser outfit we used on day 2.
Very long post short ... Silent World is a great outfit in my opinion.

odiecho:
I dove with Silent World for my very first ocean dive about a year back and was very impressed. (Dove with another outfit for the second day of diving and was disgusted. .

Who was the other one?

I am thinking of staying at the Hungry Pelican because it is so cheap. It look old school though, anyone have any experiences there?

No experiences at the Hungry Pelican but can recommend the Best Western in Key Largo. Stayed in a "townhouse" type and the balconies open right onto the canal where some of the NOAA boats tie up as well as some of the dive boats. Sweet for the post dive relaxation.
Not necessarily the cheapest but it was clean, full kitchen and had everything one could ask for.

I've been on close to 10 dives with SiWorld.. they're my shop of choice in the upper keys. Really nice guys, I do all my Spiegel trips with them. Too bad it's windy in the winters, otherwise I'd be out there right now!

I have been out with Silent World twice, and after my last experience with one of their compeditors down US1, I won't go out with anyone else when in the area. My problem with most Keys charters is that they can be so ultra-restrictive, with severe limitations on bottom time and max depth. I found Silent World to be very safe but reasonable. They let divers be divers. If you are really nice and book the boat for an experienced group they will even let you do two drops on the Grove. It is so big it takes a few dives to see it all. No other charter that I know of will do this as they are all too afraid of the potential for reversed profiles. Again, let divers be divers. Don't miss diving the Eagle. One of my all time favorite wrecks.

WPBdiver:
They let divers be divers. If you are really nice and book the boat for an experienced group they will even let you do two drops on the Grove. It is so big it takes a few dives to see it all. No other charter that I know of will do this as they are all too afraid of the potential for reversed profiles. Again, let divers be divers.

Our group dove with Bluewater Divers last month and we not only did 2 drops on the Grove in the morning, but then also the Duane in the afternoon. 2 days in a row. All on nitrox, of course.

Not only that, but the last dive on the Grove was a drift dive, a very enjoyable and effortless experience, dropping down onto the wooden deck at the stern at 120', then floating to the bow and ascending at the wheelhouse line.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom