Silly Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

by a very wise college professor.........."Better to ask a dumb question than to make a dumb mistake"...........so ask away any question which seems dumb...................we promise we won't laugh (outloud).

As stated two tank dives means two separate dives on the same charter outing each using one tank.

They don't say 2 dives because that could mean two separate dives on two spearate occasions................

SpyderTek

Everyone seems to have there own interpretation - its best to ask the dive operation to make sure.

But....its not a silly question - the only silly question there is, is the one you didnt ask!

It is called a two tank dive because you (the diver) have to bring on board two tanks.

(Don't know if it is true but it sounds neat..)

Well thank you all. I made my plans. Nothing so exotic Syruss, just Ft. lauderdale Florida 3 days 6 drift-reef dives....

I never expected this to be such a hto debatable topic! hehehe

It sure seems to me that there are alot of small things whithin diving that arent ever really defined well in any resource. Is this due to a lack of centralized resources or as an attempt to self define a subculture through the use of a proprietary language...IE: A Thieve's Cant if you will.

SpyderTek

Two tank dive means you get two dives, so most of us agree it's option B. It isn't a silly question, and for every question you ask, there may be five lurkers out there who were wondering teh same thing. Every diver stated out as a novice, so chances are that others have had the same questions as you. Also, the reason they don't just call it two dives is because they are treated like one activity. Go out, dive, surface interval, dive, come back. Any tiem you have two tanks strapped on your back, they are generally referred to as twins or doubles, and generally aren't something done by beginner divers. Hope that helps.

A charter in west palm advertised a mid week 3 tanker with lunch. Figure that out. Every west palm dive I have been on is two dives you can dive a single or double tank which ever you prefer. Most charters in that area usually go out 2 times a day. Morning session and afternoon session. The normal rate is 45.00 to 65.00 dollars for 2 dives. I would ask others in the dive travel room which charters are better than others. If you have any questions on west palm chartes let me know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom