Simple W/W harness for AL 80's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Anthony my buddy is trying to sell them I may have to consider buying them.
I like the part of not knowing they are there!
That is one thing about the 85's I fell in love with I have to wear no trim weight when cave diving.
It is as close to perfect weighting for me I have ever found.
My RMV / SAC improved insanely when we determined this.
Buoyancy is the challenge and the beauty of it all.

That is why I try so many things to improve my game and keep options open for ways to better achieve it.
This latest project has been a blast, some of my friends are getting tired of it but I just keep pushing forward.

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

Before you move on those Faber 85s, I suggest you get some video of yourself at the beginning of the dive v. the end of the dive. You should be able to see why I'm posting this caveat.

CamG,

Why did you decide to use quicklinks over boltsnaps? From what i have read on the subject, the idea behind the razor style harness is to make it completely modular in the case of restrictions that require the removal of any/all pieces.

On that note however, for OW diving and large cave/wreck, I could see how a quicklink would be slightly more streamlined and less prone to failure.

-- nielsent

Before you move on those Faber 85s, I suggest you get some video of yourself at the beginning of the dive v. the end of the dive. You should be able to see why I'm posting this caveat.

Do they become floaty? I have worthingtons and they are fine.

Cam what quicklinks are they mentioning, not to your tanks I hope?

Do they become floaty? I have worthingtons and they are fine.

Yes, the bottoms do. I also have Worthingtons and have no issues with them either. The only Fabers I like for sidemount are 95s, but they are short enough that they don't get floaty until they're down to about 1500 psi, and I can't remember the last time I breathed those cylinders down that much.

Greetings nielsent the quick links attach the bungee to my d-ring because it is only currently one 48inch piece.
I used it because it is simple and I am not planning on diving this rig in small cave for some time.
In the event I was I would alter as needed to make the rig very safe and easy.

Anthony I use snaps on my tanks the quick links are used to secure the one piece bungee that I use to secure the top of my tanks.

Rob I will do just that I do have some photo's of pre-dive and at the mouth of Peacock post dive.
I would say that they do float up a bit but I would love to try Worthingtons some time.
It would not be the first tanks I purchased that I later replaced so no biggie.
I do not let gear issues rattle me to much, if needed I will replace them.

I really appreciate the thoughts and advice if I ever get over swim meets and wrestling matches with my kids I will try to post some pics.

Thanks guys,
CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

Rob,
I like your chest strap a lot better then the stock one. I am curious why you added the weights on the harness, I know for trim but whats issues were you having? Im thinking it might help when diving ccr, i need a little push to get my head. Also I see you have d rings on each side on the waist, is this were you clip you stages? if so this mean you clip stages under your SM bottles? I know there is no perfect way for stages when empty i played with all setups in the pool with like 500psi and they all have their pros and cons.

Ant, I added the trim weights after the first time I did a dive in a wet suit. Before that I had been putting air in my feet to compensate. Although I don't dive wet very often, I don't like the idea of having to use my dry suit to correct my trim. I've also gotten used to having those d-rings stick out further than the lower d-rings. The waist d-rings are there for deco cylinders. I stage on top, but I deco on bottom. In the caves I usually just clip to the top d-ring, but in the ocean, where I don't drop my deco cylinders, I clip both top and bottom clips on my deco cylinders.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom