single tank wings for least $$ ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh I see you have been a Clarksville and Knox. Have you done the 'Gun Barrel' at Knox? I hear its now gated by the Conservancy.

And Clarksville is a great cave. More beginners have started their spelunking careers in that cave than any other.

I've done them Wagon Wheel, Bethlehem Cave, Schoharie Cave, and Jamesville Cave.

Are you a DIR diver?

ScoobieDooo once bubbled...
Oh I see you have been a Clarksville and Knox. Have you done the 'Gun Barrel' at Knox? I hear its now gated by the Conservancy.

And Clarksville is a great cave. More beginners have started their spelunking careers in that cave than any other.

I've done them Wagon Wheel, Bethlehem Cave, Schoharie Cave, and Jamesville Cave.

Are you a DIR diver?

Knox isn't gated, but it requires permission from Emily Davis and is closed during the winter (after a few incidents involving icefall).

I've done essentially every part of Knox and even last year explored a newly discovered section that had probably never been seen before... we pushed 300 feet through a stream passage to a room where we found some bad air and turned back. I've done the Gun Sight... not sure if you know what that is, but it's a small hole 5 feet long near the ceiling in the room right before the gun barrell. It's maybe 10 inches in diameter and 4 feet off the ground.

Wagon Wheel is closed. Never heard of Bethlehem or Jamesville. Schoharie is nice... one day I'd like to dive the sump at the end and see the other half of the cave.

Clarksville is very nice. Strangely enough no good map exists of the entire Ward-Gregory cave system.... my friends and I keep tossing around the idea of creating one, but we haven't quite gotten around to it yet.

No, I'm not DIR. I recently started diving a Hogarthian rig, though. I love it. I'll take DIRF eventually, I'm sure, but no one else I dive with seems interested. That's fine by me, they all have good attitudes towards diving. They're the same group I go caving with, kayaking with, skiing with, etc. They take these things seriously and we trust each other in all sorts of fairly dangerous situations. I guess I'll never be DIR because I don't follow Rule #1, but that doesn't stop me from admiring the thought behind the system and the style of diving it really embodies.

jonnythan once bubbled...
I was just giving you a hard time because I don't think OMS makes a suitable single tank wing, especially when the Travel Wing is so cheap :wink:

So you haven't seen their new one then?

James

James Goddard once bubbled...

So you haven't seen their new one then?

James

I've seen the single picture they have on their site. It's not at leisurepro and it's not $200.. that's mainly what I was referring to though. I bet it has a pull dump, and I'm interested to see the back side to see if it's gusseted, as well as checking out the construction and finding out lift numbers. The guy at the LDS said Halcyon is a waste of money a year or so ago... but he's a big OMS dealer. Wonder what he's going to say about my Pioneer when he has the OMS Singles Wing on display next to his IQ with bungeed 100 lb bladders. I'm sure he still dives nothing but that Ranger though. Weird guy.

jonnythan once bubbled...
I've seen the single picture they have on their site. It's not at leisurepro and it's not $200.. that's mainly what I was referring to though.

I suspect it will be priced to compete with the Halcyon wing which should put it over $300. How much LP will discount it remains to be seen.

James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom