• Sinker

Votes: 71 46.1%
  • Floater

Votes: 61 39.6%
  • I must be neutral

Votes: 22 14.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When we had to do the tread for my OW, I just sat in the water and looked at the guy with the watch. Doing the breath-hold swim for GUE was a terrible ordeal, because I could NOT stay underwater!

I always say I'm a natural for scuba, because I sink and I'm a mouth-breather. It's not often that being a mouth-breather is a good thing.

I'm definitely a sinker... the PADI DM 15 minute tread (last two minutes with hands out of the water) is a pain. Watching others around me float easily inspires great envy... at least until I watch the same people lug a ton of weight down to the dive site. :D

divingjd:
I always say I'm a natural for scuba, because I sink and I'm a mouth-breather. It's not often that being a mouth-breather is a good thing.

mask remove and replace probably didn't stress you out too much? me either.

i don't know why i'm a sinker either. my bodyfat %age is 25% so its not like i'm an olympic athlete. i'm actually wondering if i ever hit my target weight of 175# and 15% bodyfat if i'd sink in a pool with even a full breath....

I'd say I'm a sinker, but barely. With a full breath I'm at eye level, or sometimes the eyes are slightly below the water.

So very close to neutral I can taste it.

My legs are very negative, never needed ankle weights on a drysuit, sometimes I even get an air bubble back there on purpose.

I can sink and float, depending on how much air I have in my lungs at the time. :) Having that much control is awesome. :D

I'm a floater. Even with empty lungs and in a bathingsuit, I stay on the surface. Which I have always found odd because I am really small and skinny (not even 110lbs, and I'm 5'5"). Not much body fat on me. But I don't have much muscle, either. :D At any rate, it takes quite a bit of weight to get me down, and to keep me down.

lamont:
mask remove and replace probably didn't stress you out too much? me either.

i don't know why i'm a sinker either. my bodyfat %age is 25% so its not like i'm an olympic athlete. i'm actually wondering if i ever hit my target weight of 175# and 15% bodyfat if i'd sink in a pool with even a full breath....

No, mask drills never stressed me either. Buoyancy control was the only thing, maybe because I sink. And I've got enough floaty tissue (read bodyfat) that you wouldn't think I would be that negatively buoyant.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom