Small trip report: Ambon-Lembeh-Bali+pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the pointer to Puri Jati. I know 'Puri' is gold, what is Jati ?

Is this where the big pearl farm is? If so, any blowback from the owners about diving there?

"Puri" rather means a temple, a castle or a master house, "Gold" is "emas" in bahasa.
"Jati" is a wood, hence Puri Jati is the castle made of that wood.

That's the area in front of Zen resort like OCD1 mentioned. I almost dived there with BSB, but for some reason didn't in the end... maybe I suddenly wondered why I would dive Bali reefs with an eastern european guide.

Howdy,

Thanks for your comments!

Beautiful shots! What were the currents like?

I remember that Amed had strong current, hard to take pics. Other places were easy diving.

Good effort.. You saw almost all the macro that the region has on offer..did you catch any bluerings in ambon?

No, i didn`t saw bluerings there. Is Ambon good place to see them? Have you seen them there? Psychedelic froggie wasn´t around either....

TWO MONTHS!!! You gotta be kidding me!!! Man am I jealous!! And all thos Rhino's and great little critters... you really are a lucky #*$!
Some really good shots considering its your first trip with a camera. What camera set-up were you using?

I have Canon s95 + Canon case, no strobes.

---------- Post Merged at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Maluku Divers and Two Fish are great operations. Glad you made it to Puri Jati..fantastic dive site that I can't believe more people don't visit when in Bali

Maybe i had not so good operator or was i there wrong time of the year (early april), cause i didn´t saw much in PJ. Which operator knows PJ well? Dive guide said to me that other divers have been also disappointed with this dive site. He was also complaining about net-fishing boats, who where very close to dive site. What kind of stuff you guys saw in PJ?

Last edited:
Some of those pics are super close up, such as the Tiger Shrimp (that guy is tiny!!), did you have a macro lens or did you just crop the pics? Either way they look great, espesially considering you have no strobes. BUT I'd highly recommend you get at least one strobe for your next trip, it makes a world of difference to what you are able to shoot.

"Maybe i had not so good operator or was i there wrong time of the year (early april), cause i didn´t saw much in PJ. Which operator knows PJ well? Dive guide said to me that other divers have been also disappointed with this dive site. He was also complaining about net-fishing boats, who where very close to dive site. What kind of stuff you guys saw in PJ?[/QUOTE]"

Blue Season Bali, practically onsite at Zen Resort up the hill from PJ, knows it well. PJ was the first place I ever saw mimic octopi, also remember seeing wonderpus, juvenile orbicular batfish, gurnard lionfish, and many uncommon nudis, doto sp comes to mind

Some of those pics are super close up, such as the Tiger Shrimp (that guy is tiny!!), did you have a macro lens or did you just crop the pics? Either way they look great, espesially considering you have no strobes. BUT I'd highly recommend you get at least one strobe for your next trip, it makes a world of difference to what you are able to shoot.

Hey! I crop pics, dont have macro lens. Strobe is probably a good idea.

Blue Season Bali, practically onsite at Zen Resort up the hill from PJ, knows it well. PJ was the first place I ever saw mimic octopi, also remember seeing wonderpus, juvenile orbicular batfish, gurnard lionfish, and many uncommon nudis, doto sp comes to mind

Thanks! Next time i go to Bali i try PJ again with Blue Season Bali.

Great trip report! Did you get to drive with lili or semwell at maluku divers?i love that place!

Those photos were AWESOME ! Thanks for sharing them. I can't wait to see what your photos from you second excursion look like.

Great trip report! Did you get to drive with lili or semwell at maluku divers?i love that place!

Thanks. I get to dive with Lili, Semuel, Soleman and Stonner. MD has good guides, would love to go back there anytime!

Those photos were AWESOME ! Thanks for sharing them. I can't wait to see what your photos from you second excursion look like.

No problemo,glad u like them. Hav to start thinking where to go next winter. Maybe Philippines......

I have to agree with the others, great Pics! Especially for no strobe. Get 1 strobe and you'll be a super happy camper :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom