Smaller set of doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I absolutely love my 85s. Plenty of gas for two dives, light enough to carry and don't require a ton of lead to sink. HP100s balance the same but are heavier.

keep in mind Faber 85's are very different than the Worthington 85's, the Worthingtons aren't going to save enough weight to bother with, only about 15lbs total, the Fabers will save you 28lbs. HP100's would be a good option as well saving you 25lbs or so.

I have a set of AL50s that I frequently use for diving some of the 30M dives in my region as well as allowing me to do longer shallower dives in other locations.

I generally still come up with 100 bar from the 30M dives (30 min BT with EAN32) but good to have that redundancy when solo.

GOPR1063.jpg

AL63's. They allow me to wear them low (needed for a double hose), and is a bunch of gas for some long shallow dives... This was the first dive with them, with much adjustment needed...

Doubles for redundancy, I'll have to try that out sometime.
P1012373.JPG
P8130030.jpg

Bob
-----------------------------------------
I think that advocating unsafe and dangerous practices is both stupid and foolish. That is why I don't tell people to do what I do. Dsix36

I have a set of dbl HP130 that I get a good 3-4 1+hr shore dives or 2 tank big dive charter out of, and looking for a second set of smaller tanks for primarily shore diving/1 tank boat dives while the 130s are unavailable while being filled.

I stumbled on this thread (http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/tanks-valves-and-bands/449338-tiny-doubles.html) and got me thinking of smaller LP tanks.

I like my 130's, and use a 12ish lb v weight. But I don't need that much gas (or weight) climbing around on awkward sharp rocks.

I've been doing the dives I'm talking about with an AL80 and a slung AL40 and have about 30-50cuft of gas left after a typical dive, and wouldn't mind loosing the clutter of the stage and extra reg.

Any recommendations?

On another note, I've been noticing that LP tanks aren't being advertised with some retailers lately. Are they being phased out?

A definite great choice with the 85s. Oh and your much more of a man than I am to haul around double 130s. It's bad enough carrying one at a time.

You realize that you will still need the stage bottle unless you overfill the 85's right?

You realize that you will still need the stage bottle unless you overfill the 85's right?
OP says they have 30 - 50cf remaining after dive with single al80 and slung al40. Doubled 85s will be more than enough.

One of my buddies uses doubled lp50s for shallow recreational dives. Great set of small light tanks with redundancy. Im planning on getting a set myself. If over filling is available it is easy to get 130cf from the set.

Sent via

OP says they have 30 - 50cf remaining after dive with single al80 and slung al40. Doubled 85s will be more than enough.

I was reading it as double 80's..
Good catch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom