Smart ***** Sherwood rep basically calls me an idiot after product purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

N@rco$i$:
selling me a Genisis SPG. $150.00.

Asking the dealer if they have manual/product documentation. Simple email request.

sending smart ***** answer assuring that I NEVER buy anything with the name Sherwood or Genisis on it ever again, or anything from diveus.com. Priceless!

Here was the manufacturer rep's response to my simple request. BTW Sherwood, You really should check to make sure your "rep's" have a basic grasp on spelling which his response clearly shows he doesn't.

I will write one for you right now.
  • Hook gauge to regulator HP port (the one mark HP)
  • turn air on
  • Look at gauge , bottom one is you SPG( submersible pressure gauge) top one is your depth gauge
  • On button gauge (SPG, if you forgot what SPG refer to step 3) what ever the needle points at that is your air pressure. The small gauge inside your SPG is water temp. Works juts like the big gauge but tell water temp.
  • The gauge on top is your depth gauge works juts like your SPG, but the needle only moves when you dive underwater, depending on your depths depends on what number it points at, the skinny needle the moves with it and stops is not stuck that is your MAX DEPTHS INDECATOR, it will tell you how deep your deepest dive was.
  • If you are still confused on how this complex piece of SCUBA diving life support, refer to any Authorized Sherwood /Genesis dealer for a refresher course for Open Water SCUBA.
I'm off now to post this on the other 5 message boards I use.

Kinda sad... but your product manual is :rofl3:

Speaking of spelling, check your thread title:D Just kidding, but I agree you never know where those directions came from and blaming Sherwood, who Im a dealer for, and I have had nothing but excellent customer support from, might not be the right person to blame. If they are, then I agree that the person who wrote that might not have been the best suited for their job, but it seems like diveusa is your culprit and not Sherwood

Does no1 else see the humor in that response? I think it's hilarious :)

Does Genesis not have a pdf manual for it on their site?

can't blame Sherwood for that one

but no, it's not funny. mocking customers is not the way to sales nirvana

just imagine how you'd feel if you got that email. basically treats you like an idiot

Hey!

I am back from vacation and my rep from the manufacturer said there really isn’t any kind of manual, so he wrote one up:::

Maile Helgeson
Sales@diveus.com
Toll free 1-866-234-8387
Int'l 1-619-235-9093
Fax 1-619-237-1886

According to Maile, it looks like this was the response from the rep. First, Maile should be fired. He's an idiot for forwarding this e-mail to a customer. And if Maile truly did get this from a sales rep, then the rep needs to be fired as well.

Dive-aholic:
According to Maile, it looks like this was the response from the rep. First, Maile should be fired. He's an idiot for forwarding this e-mail to a customer. And if Maile truly did get this from a sales rep, then the rep needs to be fired as well.

Good point; missed that Maile was claiming to forward it from someone with Sherwood...

well didn't this sure turn into one heck of a Hullo-Baloo (is that how ya spell that??)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom