Smart ***** Sherwood rep basically calls me an idiot after product purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frankc420:
Does no1 else see the humor in that response? I think it's hilarious :)

Does Genesis not have a pdf manual for it on their site?

Funny, yes a bit... but certainly NOT a way to win customers and influence product purchase decisions. I would report the guy to DiveUs... it seems to be their problem, not Sherwood's.

I think that email was funny as heck. I would never send that to a customer and think it is wrong but i mean come on theres not much to using an SPG.

Just to clarify, I like to have product documentation for a few reasons. Warranty info is usually included as is repair, service, and maintenance info. All good info to have. There is a lot more to a manual than just "how to use the product".

N@rco$i$:
Just to clarify, I like to have product documentation for a few reasons. Warranty info is usually included as is repair, service, and maintenance info. All good info to have. There is a lot more to a manual than just "how to use the product".

Trying to think back...I baught lots of pressure and depth guages when I had a dive shop but I don't remember ever getting much in the way of documentation. I sure don't remember anything resembling a manual.

I wouldn't swear to it but what you're looking for might not exist.

if it doesn't exist it makes the reps job much easier. he could have written

"Sorry Mr. ___________,
There is no Manual per say for that product but if you would like specific information about your new product please feel free to contact me, or to contact our customer service department at 1-800-111-1111.

Sincerely,

Your Friendly Rep"

mattroz:
if it doesn't exist it makes the reps job much easier. he could have written

"Sorry Mr. ___________,
There is no Manual per say for that product but if you would like specific information about your new product please feel free to contact me, or to contact our customer service department at 1-800-111-1111.

Sincerely,

Your Friendly Rep"

Keep in mind there's a difference between the dealer and the rep. End users rarely deal directly with the rep and the rep may or may not actually work for the manufacturer.

As a former dealer who dealt with reps a lot, I could use lots of words to describe them but friendly and helpful aren't amoung them. LOL in the dive industry a sales rep is someone who does nothing and adds no value but get's a commission on everything the dealer buys. Of course, should the dealers sales drop or they shift their purchases to another line causing the reps income to drop, they will often visit the dealer to make threats and demands. I used to enjoy throwing them out. It helps relieve stress and reminds them who the store belongs to. BTW, our sherwood/genesis rep was pretty close to the top of my "throw em out the door" list.

The only rep that I can think of that was an exception was the diverite rep. I can't recall his name at the moment but he was pretty good.

MikeFerrara:
Keep in mind there's a difference between the dealer and the rep. End users rarely deal directly with the rep and the rep may or may not actually work for the manufacturer.

As a former dealer who dealt with reps a lot, I could use lots of words to describe them but friendly and helpful aren't amoung them. LOL in the dive industry a sales rep is someone who does nothing and adds no value but get's a commission on everything the dealer buys. Of course, should the dealers sales drop or they shift their purchases to another line causing the reps income to drop, they will often visit the dealer to make threats and demands. I used to enjoy throwing them out. It helps relieve stress and reminds them who the store belongs to. BTW, our sherwood/genesis rep was pretty close to the top of my "throw em out the door" list.

The only rep that I can think of that was an exception was the diverite rep. I can't recall his name at the moment but he was pretty good.

Mike, owning a dive shop did you some serious long term harm...:wink:

However before I was a rep and on the buyers side I felt that about half the reps actually do care and work hard for the shops. I can assure you that as a rep I have NEVER attended a sales meeting where reps didn't stand up for the dealers over what the company wanted (and something that the reps didn't agree with would always come up at least once a meeting)

cerich:
Mike, owning a dive shop did you some serious long term harm...:wink:

You might be right. LOL

MikeFerrara:

You didnt like the Longmans?? They were my favorite rep before they retired??

Really??? We must have some awesome reps here in the midwest then. Our reps are great. They take care of everything we need. As for demands, I know they have dropped in other shops and demanded money when they were owed over $30k and it was over an extended period of time.......I only have a couple that are:popcorn: on my Throw out the Door list.....I wont list them....unless you ask :wink:

Back
Top Bottom