Snorkel w/ the Manatees, scuba Rainbow River 1/13/2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tracy,

I show we currently have 26 enrolled on the calendar and 25 spots booked on the two boats so we've got a built-in waiting list. :wink:

And a reminder to all, this is booked as an all-day two location event (snorkel with manatees in the morning, dive in the afternoon) with Bird's Underwater. Preference goes to those that are "in" for the entire day's activities.

Brian, I am pretty sure Truck1 and guest is Blondeambition. I will double check with them that it is 2 and not three (I'll call them). I'll also send a note to some to confirm they are in fact going.

We were planning a Rainbow River dive in January, so we'll probably make it January 13th. We will have our little shuttle boat if anyone (Max 3) needs a ride(s) up stream.

I would be interested. I went diving with Burds this weekend at Rainbow river and had a nice time. Let me know what you need to reserve a spot!

Hi everyone,

I'm just checking in to let you know that my son and I are still planning on attending.

Hey everyone,

I'm going to send everyone that's signed up via the calendar a PM over the weekend confirming they are doing both the snorkeling trip w/ the manatees in the morning and the dive trip in the afternoon.

I'll also point out that since I have booked two entire boats (25 spots total), no shows and late cancellations would have an "adverse effect" on the cost to the other individual divers. Bird's cancellation policy for groups is three weeks. If you back out after December 23rd, you will need to find a replacement to fill your spot or pay for the spot you've booked.
(sorry to have to state this but nobody can say they're surprised if they have to back out within 21 days of the date)

This trip sounds really interesting. I can't go this time as I will be in Cozumel getting some diving in. Where is the Rainbow River? And who are the Birds? I may want to try and do this some other time.

Thanks,
Michelle

This trip sounds really interesting. I can't go this time as I will be in Cozumel getting some diving in. Where is the Rainbow River? And who are the Birds? I may want to try and do this some other time.

Thanks,
Michelle

Rainbow River is a nice drift dive and near Crystal River and a little north of Inverness. Birds Underwater is a dive shop/operator that offers snorkel with the manatees trips and trips up the Rainbow River and is located in Crystal River.

I am interested in both as is my wife.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom