Snorkel ~ What would you buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whichever is cheapest, as you will probably not use it much under water....

Shameless :bump:

Have there been any new models on the market this last 3+ years? :D

I kinda like the Aqualung Nautilus since it appears to be the only one with a case so it doesn't snag or unroll.

You know I have had several snorkels in a short period of time and all of them start leaking at the end of tube where the silicon part starts. I sometimes use tiewrap to stop the leaking but it is not a very elegant solution.

A few days back I asked my LDS to get me the simplest snorkel possible. Prefereably the 1 piece traditional J Snorkel that I had tried before. Guess what, they are hard to come by these days!

This is the closest thing I could buy (and did buy):
Mares - just add water

Still not a single piece J Snorkel. And the quest continues :)

Before today, the last post in this thread was January 25, 2007. Just saying.

Having said that, what does OP intend to use the snorkel for?

Reef cruising, scuba, free diving blue water?

Before today, the last post in this thread was January 25, 2007. Just saying.

Hence the Shameless bump, big grin, and acknowledgment that it was 3+ years.

Even though the OP may be long gone, what the OP and I are looking for is "BC pocket/foldable/compact snorkel."

Just saying.

Hence the Shameless bump, big grin, and acknowledgment that it was 3+ years.

Even though the OP may be long gone, what the OP and I are looking for is "BC pocket/foldable/compact snorkel."

Just saying.

Then we're talking'! :)

Last folder I had was the wet breathing Akona. I see no need for snorkel while doing scuba (unless you need to navigate x 100 yds from the beach). I put my folding akona in my Kid's BC pocket for feel good. Today, there are any number of "folding/rolling snorkels. But I do have a Tusa that is not marketed as folder that I can roll and fold in a pocket. I have also seen other (scubapro I think) tubes which can be folded and rolled.

If you are going to use this for scuba, you do not want it attached to your mask. You don't need fancy purges and dry stuff. Just something you can detach after a shore swim or attach when you (think you) need it.:)

I see no need for snorkel while doing scuba (unless you need to navigate x 100 yds from the beach).

Yes, I've been following the other thread, and we are looking to not wear them, but rather carry them. I like the Nautilus case and it would be nice if it had a roach clip, err, I mean electrical type clip to quickly attach to mask when needed.

I would buy which ever one is cheapest

Back
Top Bottom