Snorkle use

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Jerm:
this has been discussed before, but I just cannot stand having the snorkel on, unless I am "snorkeling" so I usually keep one in the BC pocket like everyone else. I've only seen 1 really good foldable snorkel made by Oceanic, anyone know of other brands that make a good one? Perhaps one that is easy to take off and on when needed? Jimlap? Which one do you use?
Sorry for the delay in answering this. Been real busy. But I use the oceanic. It does fold up easily but when deployed i find it no different than a non folding as far as performance and reliability. Does not kink, easy to breathe thru. As far as easy off and on replace the factory clip. It sucks until it's really broke in. I get replacement quick release clips from the shop. These you just push a little tab and it comes off and on easily. One piece stays on the snorkel body the other on the mask strap. I originally got mine from a cheap bodyglove set i got at Sam's club to use just for snorkeling before I started diving. I still use this clip and have gotten a couple more for my other snorkel and my son's as well. They are well made have, never broken one, and are cheap.:D

I dropped mine overboard getting off the dive boat after returning to the dock. Saw the sucker just sink away:) They do have there purpose though...like working on a divemaster cert:) I do think one of the collapsable ones, that you can keep in your bc, are nice and that's what I keep when not with students...I don't necessarily use one but there will probably be times I need one...Safe diving...

Why when with students do you have to pretend to use a more or less worthless piece of gear? N

JimLap:
Sorry for the delay in answering this. Been real busy. But I use the oceanic. It does fold up easily but when deployed i find it no different than a non folding as far as performance and reliability. Does not kink, easy to breathe thru. As far as easy off and on replace the factory clip. It sucks until it's really broke in. I get replacement quick release clips from the shop. These you just push a little tab and it comes off and on easily. One piece stays on the snorkel body the other on the mask strap. I originally got mine from a cheap bodyglove set i got at Sam's club to use just for snorkeling before I started diving. I still use this clip and have gotten a couple more for my other snorkel and my son's as well. They are well made have, never broken one, and are cheap.:D
Thanks Jim. I've had my eye on that snorkel for a while since I have been leaving the snorkel behind on every trip. I know I should have one around for safety so the foldable ones became more appealing. Thanks for the post :)

Back
Top Bottom