So i bought a drysuit, now what?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

theatis:
Like i said the suit is a secondhand buy, there's no store involved.
You had a dive planned for saturday with some experienced drsuit divers?
Bring your scissors with you and ask them about it? They might be able to tell you. Also, the neck seal should be rather tight, but yours seem to be too tight if its at the point where your voice get changed..

A general tip before you go drysuit diving btw.. Make sure youre properly shaved, including your neck.. Bad shave+drysuit seals can be kind of uncomfortable, and you might look like someone tried to strangle you :p

If your neoprene neck seal is tight enough to change your voice.
I think you need to get a larger size and have your LDS replace it for you.

It should be a little tough getting it over your head.. but not a strangle hold on your neck.

Cold_H2O:
If your neoprene neck seal is tight enough to change your voice.
I think you need to get a larger size and have your LDS replace it for you.

It should be a little tough getting it over your head.. but not a strangle hold on your neck.
Now assuming he COULD get the suit replaced with a bigger size..
The problem is that a bigger size suit might not fit him in height and width..
When I ordered mine, I first got one that was a close to perfect hit length, but they seem to have mistaken me for Homer Simpson on the width, so I had to send the suit back and get a different size, fortunately for me, they had a suit that wasnt much different on length, but had a slimmer fit. The neck seal however I dont really notice any difference with..

Back
Top Bottom