So what takes your breath away...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

denisegg

Indescribable!
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Jumping off the boat? Gliding down to the wreck? Reaching a 110ft on a night dive on a bridge span and finding octopi between the crevices? Turning upside down in sidemount and gliding in a cave looking at the bubbles you create on the formations above?

Jumping off the boat? Gliding down to the wreck? Reaching a 110ft on a night dive on a bridge span and finding octopi between the crevices? Turning upside down in sidemount and gliding in a cave looking at the bubbles you create on the formations above?

Yes, getting bombarded by Steller sea lions, finding a hidey hole full of lobsters, sunsets on the dive site when the water is flat calm and the stars are too numbers to distinguish apart.

Sounds heavenly..

Honestly?

Discovering at 50 years of age that you can breathe underwater. Cold, warm, low or high vis, quarry, ocean, river, lake, it's all the same to me. I am amazed the whole time I am under.

Those minor details like wrecks or corals or fish... they're just details :D

Ascending too fast...?

Honestly?

Those minor details like wrecks or corals or fish... they're just details :D

Now that's what I'm talking about...alll of it!!

---------- Post Merged at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:13 AM ----------

Ascending too fast...?

We are speaking figuratively..sweets...:wink:.. forget your advance training for a sec :wink:

---------- Post Merged at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:13 AM ----------

In dedication to Rhone Man..let something take your breath away...then breathe... before you ascend..(ummmm just in case this was not drilled into your head when you took intro OW)

Surfacing after a solo night dive to the stillness of a summer eve, the distant lights of the city glisten on the mirror smooth water as you gaze at the space needle. Yet all I see pales in comparison to what I witnessed just a few feet below the surface.

I have never seen anything like that, but I'm sure a shark, a wreck (not a little boat in a lake) or anything big could take my breath away. On the other hand I think everything underwater is amazing, isn't it? I love to watch my bubbles ascending to the surface...

Back
Top Bottom