So what takes your breath away...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Finding a great shell, especially if it's one not in my collection. All the other stuff is just interesting.

I love Ginnie. I am there usually once a month. As far as deep penetrations, some of the coolest things can be seen in the first 400 feet if you know where to look.

Then show me. The last time I had a wondeful guide but she ripped through it and we got to 1000ft and I started going into deco on my mix and had to turn it before 1/3's.

Getting 'shoved' hard from behind by a 9-10' playful sea lion. At first I could not figure out what I did to irk my dive buddies - then saw them in front of me.

A chance (unexpected) encounter with an inquisitive 14 foot Great White in the wild (40 feet below) last month, pretty much did it for me :)

Yeah that would do it for me....

---------- Post Merged at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:26 AM ----------

Getting 'shoved' hard from behind by a 9-10' playful sea lion. At first I could not figure out what I did to irk my dive buddies - then saw them in front of me.

My last night dive out of Panama City Florida I got hit in the face on my mask so hard it caused a bruise by a spade fish. I have never had that happen before. I figured maybe it was my 21 watt cave light that blinded them.

1. The indescribable blue of open water at about 100 feet down, high noon on an clear day.
2. Kona manta ray night dive (2008 )
3. Any predator catching its prey ( spotted moray catch a wrasse- Bonaire 2001)
4. Octopus latched onto my mask (off Lanai, 1999)
5. White tip reef shark swimming along side us for almost 50 meters (Maui 2012)
6. Predators ( tuna, barracuda) attaching large "bait ball" of thousands of fish (Mexico 2009)
7. My wife Debbie's first real dive (Cozumel 2002)
8. Bioluminescence on night dive (Saba 2004)
9. 5 + knot current ride (Cozumel 2002)
10. Contemplating the next dive trip ( Back to Bonaire, coming up soon! )

The surprise tiger shark, the one following it, stumbling across undiscovered history, watching a species that very few have ever seen before, taking that shot that you continuously reopen to say, "wow.".

The surprise tiger shark, the one following it, stumbling across undiscovered history, watching a species that very few have ever seen before, taking that shot that you continuously reopen to say, "wow.".

I love the "wows" :D

Last edited:
First time I entered a cave.

Any other time I entered a cave.

Drifting over an 1800's wreck in the NE Atlantic.

Getting a custom BP from Fred Tagge and finally getting into trim.

Meeting you at JB.

hammerhead-shark-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom