So....who's keeping fit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tend to slack during the summer do to yard work, taking the dogs for walks, going for bike rides and, of course, diving.
Now that falls here, its back to the gym. Elliptical trainer for 30 minutes and nautilus circuit a few times a week. Rotate through different classes such as stability ball, spinning bike classes, yoga, and kickboxing for some variety.

Total Gym. I even bought one for my parents. Its the closest thing to a "swimming machine" I've seen. When I'm away from it, I do more or less the same routine in the pool. I've been using one for 11 years and do not miss the gym even a little. Actually, I've always hated the gym and have saved $7,700.00 in gym fees on a $200.00 investment.

Diver0001:
No women keeping fit?

(some of you guys must look like Rambo....) :)

R..

Rambo junior, but I still feel like Rimbaud (except for the bi/homo part).

I can tell a huge difference since I started running on the street instead of the treadmill,and since adding hills to my running route my beach diving is much more enjoyable now.I try to run everyother day usually 1.5-3 miles depending on if I take my dog,with at least a day before a dive.also a light weight workout on the off running days.

i ate 2 burgers for lunch today and took a nap i know i know people say i shouldn't push myself so hard but i wanna stay in shape it was pretty ruff eatin that second burger but i had to do it

I do yoga classes 3 times a week and 3 more times at home. It has really helped reduce my air consumption. I had been riding the stationary bike an hour every day or two ... until my knee started getting sore. I'll give it a few more weeks before resuming.

I've been running three times a week, swimming three times a week and eating a lower carb diet for the past month, I've lost 10 pounds, I'm shooting for another 15. I also meditate for a minimum of 20 minutes per day, I've been doing this for about a year or so. I've been told it helps with air consumption, I find it helps all areas of my life, I don't feel right if I miss a day.

Diver0001:
No women keeping fit?

(some of you guys must look like Rambo....) :)

R..

We have been cycling every evening when JB gets home. We go about 7-8 miles because that is all I am good for and it is dark by then.

We lifted before he left for Iraq but now my deltoids are deflated.:(

60 sit-ups jarhead style. (he does 100 very fast)

He does 18 pull ups, I do .5

The cycling is fun, It never appealed to me. But, it is really a great work out and pretty painless. I like wearing the Polar monitor and keeping my HR around 150.

Still working on the cadence and shifting.

His BP has dropped about twenty points both D/S since I put him on Fish Oil, Garlic Caps, and CoQ10. Anybody struggling with high BP or High cholesterol should try this for 3 weeks and see what happens!

"Under water, man becomes an archangel.”
Jacques Cousteau

What does this mean?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom