So....who's keeping fit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now that it is starting to get a bit colder, I have returned to the pool. The plan is 2-3 times a week in the pool to swim at least one kilometer. Other days it is off to the gym for elliptical or treadmill then weights.

Have to break the routine due to travelling, although most of the hotels have at least some exercise equipment.

1/2 hour of good cardio at least 4 days every week, and weight training when I can get it in..it'll be much easier to spend more time at the gym since the summer is GONE!

I got really motivated to get fit when I contemplated diving doubles, so I joined a gym.

Well, I JOINED it. The fact that I haven't GONE doesn't invalidate the fact that I joined, does it?

I honestly believe that I should be more cardiovascularly fit, and stronger. I just haven't found whatever it takes inside myself to make me go down to the gym and do the work. I either need to shell out the money for a trainer (I generally keep appointments) or find a workout buddy (I generally keep appointments). Going down by myself pretty clearly isn't going to happen.

I keep trying to exercise but I get so frustrated at what I can't do now vs what I used to be capable of. So, in the end I maintain what I have but I certainly do not gain anything.

I keep telling myself I will get back into the routine. I enjoy hiking and jogging mostly for relaxing and I suppose the only thing you can say I do now is geo caching which involves a lot of walking, up and down hills. Not as much as I used to do but it's a start.

TSandM:
I got really motivated to get fit when I contemplated diving doubles, so I joined a gym.

Well, I JOINED it. The fact that I haven't GONE doesn't invalidate the fact that I joined, does it?
:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

I WAS doing aerobics and weight training. Even in the truck- we have a custom 150 inch sleeper so if the bed is up (bed and breakfast style) I can do some modified high/low impact while going down the road. My hubby promises not to wreck while I'm doing it so it's safe, right? I was using resistance bands for my weight training on the truck.

At home I try to do aerobics but I've been doing so much bill paying, online work, and tax info gathering that I've been out of habit. I try to do 20 minutes a few times a week- I know that I feel better when I do it. A good routine for me is 20 minutes of aerobics and 40 minutes of weight training (20 upper 20 lower). I've been using Kathy Smith, Gil Janklowitz (sp? and I can't believe I didn't get to see him when I was in Hawaii!), and CRUNCH. I've worked out to Gil ever since I was in high school.

But, alas, here lately, it's been a lot of sitting on my duff and eating my daily ration of Moose Tracks ice cream... where's the guy with the two burgers? we should get together...

Catherine- which wreck is that in your (current, for the moment, probably changed by the time you read this) avatar?

tg

Diver0001:
No women keeping fit?

I'm a women, thank you very much. :D

But I guess I'm technically in the trying to get fit, not the keeping fit category.:(

Diver0001:
Let's talk excercise.

What do you do to keep your body fit?
I work out every other day.
Diver0001:
What do you do on endurance training: running, cycling etc.
30 minutes of elliptical trainer, or treadmill, or jog or long brisk walk (60 minutes) on beach (depending on where I am)
Diver0001:
What do you do on strength training: weight lifting, climbing etc.
Weight lifting for 30 minutes every other day.
Diver0001:
What else do you do that has direct benefits for your diving? (cross training)
Diving at least 2 times per week, if not more (when in Florida 50-60% of time)

Just bought a BowFlex - and have good intentions...

We'll see how it goes.

:)

Volleyball 3-4 days a week for 3-4 hours per day.

Back
Top Bottom