SoCal dive boat recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you for the replys. I have been on a couple of the boats recommended in the past. I just like to get local input from those who know best as it seems like alot of these type operations go through changes (positive and negative) frequently.

Finding a boat that lets you board/sleep the night before is a big plus because we typically get into SoCal pretty late on Friday night. It is nice to schlep gear once, setup, and go to bed without worrying about getting up early enough to get to the dock on time.

'bob

I like the Sundiver boats, but I don't know if they allow sleeping on the night before.

I like the Magician for Nitrox, but I hate having to register and pay out of the wazoo for Sports Chalet charter.

For closer to LA area as opposed to Ventura, the boats that I know for sure allow for night before sleeping are the Bottom Scratcher and the Great Escape. Of those two, I prefer the Great Escape. The Bottom Scratcher isn't bad (Debbie the cook is a great entertainer), but the Great Escape has better food and much more roomy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom