Software Suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't have access to GUE's DecoPlanner. What is the "cut tables" option?

Let's say you plan a dive to 30m and 30 min BT. The tables options generate deco tables for 20m, 25m, 30m, 35m and 40m with 20min, 25min,... 40min BT.
They look like this:

20m
Time 20min 25min 30min 35min 40min
12 ...
9 ...
6 ...
Total ...

30m
Time ....

You can print them out and keep it in your wetnotes to adjust your deco on the fly.

Here is an screenshot of it:

SI90CvK.png

That's basically the functionality I was talking about too. It allows you to cut several tables at once that vary slightly by depth or time. Then you just print all those out, laminate them, and take them with you on your dive.

Very handy feature.

That's basically the functionality I was talking about too. It allows you to cut several tables at once that vary slightly by depth or time. Then you just print all those out, laminate them, and take them with you on your dive.

Very handy feature.

I've always wondered about this. How, specifically, do you laminate your printed tables?

I always just write down the plan and contingency plans in my wet notes by hand.

either with a laminator or those sticky sheets you can buy in the stationary section.

So, you buy a $20-ish laminating machine and a supply of (5x7?) laminating pouches? (I just looked on Amazon to try and figure out what you're saying to do, specifically) Cut the printout to size, put it in a pouch, run it through the laminating machine, then trim that so there is a border of laminate all the way around the paper?

Or cut the printout to size, then put a piece of adhesive laminating sheet on each side and trim to leave a small border of the laminate sheet all the way around the paper?

Why spend the money for the machine and pouches? Does it produce a better product? Is it difficult to get a good result just using laminating sheets and doing it without a machine?

I know I'm probably making myself sound like an imbecile, but I have no experience with laminating anything and am not exactly sure what laminate means in this context. I'm more familiar with woodworking laminates.

I have had good luck with the adhesive laminate sheets from the stationary section of a store. I think they were a few bucks. Yes, cut around the paper leaving a bit of laminated edge so water doesn't come in.

A machine would probably be even better, but I haven't felt compelled to get one yet.

I think my laminator was like 15 bucks. Worth it to avoid kinkos trips and cheaper over time. You can do three or four tables on one sheet

Can anyone suggest a good template for MS Word or Wordpad (or similar) to be used for printing dive plans prior to laminating them?

Too bad Subsurface doesn't have that feature being discussed earlier....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom