Sogod Bay Scuba Resort, Southern Leyte & Whalesharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

im sorry, babz, where is that?

Babydamulag:
Whale Shark, Thresher Shark, and Hammerhead Shark are at Maniguin (Maningning) Island from FEB to MAY.

pakman, wicked_innit, pauldub: thanks so much for the info.

finally confirmed going to southern leyte. planning in progress. YIPEE!! only for 5 days though. afterthat, one week palau :D

wahlaoeh:

finally confirmed going to southern leyte. planning in progress. YIPEE!! only for 5 days though. afterthat, one week palau :D

that was quick hahahahahaha!

wahlaoeh:

do you need someone to carrying your camera gear...? :joke:

hey benchan and Pauldub,

i was born without the freedom of words and colours in Boratan ,Kazakstan so forgive me if i spelt anything wrong..nappy toe, napato, napit - what the hell is the difference? now if scubaboard could give a 4D (not toto) download of dives ..that would be rather cool....eh pauldub ...ahem ..your logbook has been photocopied...thanks..:D

wahlaoeh - very cool website btw ...am starting my own - waah! 2006 was certainly busy year diving for you!

oh err lombok was only cos i get free accomo:mooner:.....i still prefer to check out Pulau Tenggol,East Coast of West Malaysia...

Happy Diving !
Ian

Thanks for the report. I've now been to Southern Leyte twice and think you're spot on about the diving. It's definitely my favorite place in the Philippines. My first visit was in September, 2005 and the visibility (approx. 30 meters) was much better than when I went back in March/April, 2006. What you lose in visibility during the dry season though, you gain in the chance to see whalesharks. The whalesharks are there to feed on the plankton blooms that reduce visibility, so in deciding when to go, it just depends what you're looking for.

Absolutely, Manhattandiver. The vis was so-so, but we had the chance of seeing the whale sharks–good compromise I'd say! Btw, any diving in the NY area?

WICKED_INNIT, I just have to add, since you're from Kazakstan, how do you start your own website with no electricity? And do you go DIS-CO DAN-CING?? How did you pick up diving–in your bathtub?

scuba chick:
WICKED_INNIT, I just have to add, since you're from Kazakstan, how do you start your own website with no electricity? And do you go DIS-CO DAN-CING?? How did you pick up diving–in your bathtub?

No no no... the question is does he wear that lovely yellow "bathing suit" during surface intervals... :huh:

Mike, are you kidding??? Lemme dig up some photos...Bwahahah...

scuba chick:
Mike, are you kidding??? Lemme dig up some photos...Bwahahah...
Like this? :l: :l:

borat-neon-green-swimsuit09.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom