Solo dive question, max depth 25'

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Developing good buddy habits not only reduces the need to focus on your buddy all the time, it enhances the dive ... now you have two pairs of eyes to find those really special things you're going down there to see instead of just one.

And if you really want to be spotting things consider female buddies. At least in my experience their attention to detail is a real advantage when trying to spot something not wanting to be seen.

Pete

And if you really want to be spotting things consider female buddies. At least in my experience their attention to detail is a real advantage when trying to spot something not wanting to be seen.

Pete

But then THEY are Too much of a distraction...

:wink:

Dan-O

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Another option to see if you really want to solo dive is to take SDI's solo course. I think PADI has a similar course. You'll run through options with your instructor that apply to 25 ft dives or 100 ft dives. You'll also learn to carry redundant gear since you won't have a buddy to bail you out. Anyway, if you feel comfortable with the safety drills and the redundant gear, you'll probably be comfortable at BHB diving solo.

Aside from my introductory Tech training courses, I found the TDI solo class the best course I've taken: really hones your skills and helps you establish your own personal confidence zone and assess risks your willing or not willing to take. It also helps to make you a better buddy when diving with someone else. The class reinforces that lazy buddy diving (e.g. 'same ocean' type of buddy or a bad insta-buddy found on a dive boat) isn't reallly all that great if an emergency occurs.

Park officials don't care if you dive solo at BHB: they do care if you don't have a flag.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom