Solving Neck Trickle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

However, the Bio-seal results in much more rapid degradation of the latex. It was designed for neoprene seals.

Hmmm...didn't know that. Thanks!

Does the bioseal interact chemically with silicone like it does with latex?

No. The bioseal reduces skin irritation related to latex contact, thus rather useless for silicone.

I don't think much of anything reacts with silicone. That's why you can't glue it on. But the silicone seals are so soft and friendly that I can't imagine why someone would need a Bio-seal with them.

Silicon seals are too sticky compared to latex seals --they do pull on the dermal hairs of your neck and wrists (easy solution is to trim back those hairy areas in contact with the seal surface). First things first, that leading edge of those neck & wrist seals -especially silicon- have to be absolutely flat & flush against your skin to prevent water intrusion (trickle), Think about it -if there is a roll or flip of that leading edge, then you have essentially "telescoped out" to a slightly larger diameter and negate that water tight fit of the seals which you so carefully trimmed beforehand. . .

Another idea that helped me is to shave the back of the neck. I found my silicone neck seal was leaking because of all the hair on the back of the neck that allowed water to seep in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom