Something odd with PADI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, let's not even start with FedEx. I'm still waiting on delivery of an item I recently ordered. Actually, I'm not waiting anymore. I called the shipper and canceled my order. 3 days in a row they mark the item undeliverable due to no one available. I was home every one of those days! Then they mark it delivered, but it never got here! This last incident (of many) has made me decide to ask companies who they ship with. If it's FedEx, I take my business elsewhere.

Okay, rant/hijack over...

What not to say about padi??
I am a white bread anglo that lives on the east coast. My last padi card experience three years ago, they issued me an eastern uropean appearing mans card, with an asian sounding name, with west coast address info.
I called padi about the mix up, and they sent me a duplicate of the wrong card.
I called again, and finnally got my picture on my card, at my address.

Moral of the story, big data base, one finger slip, big mistake.
P.S. I kept the other cards and for fun I pull them out at on dive boats and LDS when I travel, no one ever seems to mind , except dive op in Cozumel who said I would have liked to meet your parents.

Eric

Look on the bright side, at least they didn't send your PADI VISA Card to the wrong address..:)

I would hate to see the letter you write if something REALLY bad happened. Relax, go diving and watch out for the PADI Police. They are watching you.

i love it
this is great..
the padi defenders come outa the woodwork..
the only topic that sparks more debate is DIR

A few extra weeks without the card shouldn't affect you in any meaningful way... if you go to a PADI dive shop without a cert card they can just look your info up on the computer, verify your certification level, and continue with the transaction...

The point the OP is trying to make is that PADI sent his card to an address he never gave them. An address where he did in fact live for a short time but they didn't know that. So he is asking, how did they find out that he ever lived there.

The post office might have forwarded it but PADI would not have known that. It sounds like PADI had that address in their database. But how did they get it if he never gave it to them?

It is certainly weird. But I wouldn't imagine that they researched his addresses.

I just don't see them having the time, or to be quite candid, caring enough to research anyones address. I know you don't think you did, but are you sure you didn't give them that address by mistake? Force of habit?

there are these machines----they are called COMPUTERS. there is this software-----it is called a DATABASE.

American Express retain's customer data from the mid 20th century. Royal Carribean was able to confirm the details of my PARENTS cruise in the EARLY 1970s.

Big Whoop, dude. Just imagine, for PADI to do all that research, the OVERHEAD and the EXPENSE and the TIME and ENERGY to check EVERY SINGLE DIVER? makes no sense.

rocketry:
there are these machines----they are called COMPUTERS. there is this software-----it is called a DATABASE.

American Express retain's customer data from the mid 20th century. Royal Carribean was able to confirm the details of my PARENTS cruise in the EARLY 1970s.

Big Whoop, dude. Just imagine, for PADI to do all that research, the OVERHEAD and the EXPENSE and the TIME and ENERGY to check EVERY SINGLE DIVER? makes no sense.

I have to agree here.

Op sorry it happened but in all honesty it is not a big deal in the scheme of things.

How they got the address not sure, you could have accidentally written it or they screwed up somehow. I do not believe PADI has researches etc, first off why? And the amount of money would not warrant it.

Alot of companies keep very detailed records and do for a long time especially now with the advent of computers and how easily information can be transferred onto it.

I would not worry about it. Get the new card, do some diving, that is all that counts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom