Something special for my Sister!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary

Buy them bug spray and tell them to apply it if they go outside after dusk! They'll love you for it!

Coconuts can get a little racey, but that's depending on what their frame of mind is. I've seen some pretty wild things going on there.

We enjoyed the Lobster House on the north end of the island. Like La Veranda, you eat outside in a very romantic setting. That being said, La Veranda is hard to beat too. For good cheap food, I like Mission on 30th. FYI, if you go to La Veranda, there is a parking lot right across the street if you have a rental car. I few bucks but better than walking.

I like the Money Bar for drinking/snorkeling/eating for lunch. Kinda pricey but easy entry into the water and good drinks. We saw a group of people doing the resort dive class there. No idea what it cost though. Also, two for one drinks for a couple of hours every night.

But yea, bug spray is number one on my list. I'm still scratching bumps two weeks later.

Anyone have a good ideas for something nice I can do for my Sister and new Brother in-law? I talked them into staying at the Cozumel Palace for there Honeymoon next month. My girlfriend and I are also going to be staying on the island at a different hotel. We plan on meeting up once or twice during the week for dinner and some activities. This will be my 4th trip to Cozumel in the last 2 years, They have never been to Coz before. I wanna show them a fun time! I was thinking about taking them to Kinta for dinner. I haven't been there before but I hear its amazing. And maybe an afternoon on the other side of the island for food at Coconuts. Any other good ideas? We will be there from the 11th of July until 18th. Anything big happening that week? Thanks!

I have been going to Cozumel regularly now for almost 20 years. And last year I found a restaurant that with the exception of a restaurant that closed several years ago, is IMO the very best on the island. It is located immediately next door to the Lobster House and is called La Casa del Pescador.I was there in May and will be there again in October. I give it my highest recommendation and will say that the Key Lime Pie is not to be missed. I have never seen it prepared in this manner and it is the best I've ever eaten. They dont take credit cards or checks.

I have been going to Cozumel regularly now for almost 20 years. And last year I found a restaurant that with the exception of a restaurant that closed several years ago, is IMO the very best on the island. It is located immediately next door to the Lobster House and is called La Casa del Pescador.
I'm pretty sure that they are different sections of the same restaurant. The white shot glass I keep full of toothpicks on my kitchen table has both names on it.

That's "La Cabana del Pescador".....the one on the street has the larger menu, the Lobster House in the back serves only lobster......two brothers---one runs one and one runs the other. Atmosphere in the LH is charming but pricey........I prefer the larger menu variety in the CdP........IMHO!

That's "La Cabana del Pescador".....the one on the street has the larger menu, the Lobster House in the back serves only lobster......two brothers---one runs one and one runs the other. Atmosphere in the LH is charming but pricey........I prefer the larger menu variety in the CdP........IMHO!

Yes, you are right about the name and thank you. I would go there for the Shrimp Chowder alone but my wife loves their Fried Shrimp.

An other option to eat is "La Cocail". I recommend it!

Personaly, I don't like very much the food at "La Veranda" but the place is very nice.

That is on 8? The italian-ish place? We like it too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom