Sony P150

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All my diving is out here on the West Coast, so good viz is a relative thing. While it gets better at depth, you loose light.

I've done a few close-ups for which the onboard flash worked okay when turned down and a strip of tape tuning it down a bit more.

Without flash I tried auto bracketing with mediocre results.

Any camera that doesn't have full and easily accessable controls (i.e. not menue based) can only be a snapshot camera for me. For that the P-series works fine. It's just that snap shooting means lucky shots, and due to the environment you're at when UW 'lucky' frequently isn't enough.

For making pictures rather than taking them, I need external manual controls as well as a way to control the light. Especially UW. If I'd buy a camera/housing that would be my priority.

The P-12 was a b-day present because all I was missing was a small camera for snapshots. The housing was a thoughtfull consideration.
Usually I dive to get away from photography. :wink:

Hi everyone... this is my first post on ScubaBoard!

I just received the housing for my DSC-P150. I have only tested it out in my reef tank. However, it is worth noting that ALL camera functions are accessable through the housing.

I'll be diving in Playa Del Carmen in a couple of weeks, so I'll be sure to follow up when I have some dive time with this setup.

So far I am enjoying the camera. I have used other high-megapixel compact cameras and many of them are limited by the lens. However, the Zeiss lens on the P150 does a remarkable job for it's size. The MPEG VX movie mode is great -- 640x480 at 30 FPS. However, it does eat up a memory stick pretty fast... only 6 minutes and change on a 512 meg stick! Back at the computer, you can compress that to about 1/4 that size and not lose much quality.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom