Sorong Jakarta Safe Layover Time Before International

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was happy to spend a few days "chillaxin" in Nusa Dua on my return and that's how I got back to Singapore without having to return to Jakarta.

The choices are limited fir the Sorong flight. I agree that the red eye flight from Jakarta is a preview from hell, but I always seem to take that option.

Really. How bad is it? I have a ~6 hours layover in Jakarta. I could have gone a different route, but SIN-JAKARTA-SORONG was the most convenient. (Jakarta to Sorong NAM AIR IN9586 12:05AM)

If you can sleep anywhere anytime in any position, the flight probably won't bother you at all. :D

If direct flighy from Singapore to Sorong were available, Sorong would be super,developed for tourism and diving, similar to Phuket.

Noooooo! Don't even dream of it.

Bikermaniac, a 6 hour layover is no problem...there's plenty of places to sit, have a snack or coffee and surf the web.
If you think you might want to grab a shower and a nap there are loads of hotels close by. It takes about 30 min each way,not counting waiting for the cab.Unfortunately there isn't a transit hotel at the airport.

That's true as long as you don't go to your gate too early. :(

If you decide to leave the airport (which I wouldn't do), take a Blue Bird taxi. They have a kiosk. Just keep saying "no thank you, Blue Bird" until someone points out that it is the Blue Bird line-up. Heehee

The Jakarta new airport (terminal 3 ultimate - claimed to be bigger and more modern than change terminal 3) will be operating on end of June 2016, starting with Garuda and the followed with other international flights.
Soekarno-Hatta`s Terminal 3 Ultimate awaits ministry`s clearance
check with your airline

I don't think that helps the domestic terminal and that's where the Jakarta to Sorong flights leave from.

What are the negatives of flying CGK to Sorong direct with Nam air?
Is it the terminal, the airplane, or delays/cancellation?
The Nam air flight looks appealing for entry since it's 12:00am arrive 6:30am. They also have another flight 1 hr later.

Hi everybody,
we’re a group of 4 people planning to visit Raja Ampat next October, we will gather in Jakarta
(I’m arriving from Italy, 2 from Washington DC, 1 from Moscow) and will travel toghether to Raja
since we keep reading about flight delay/cancellation, we are a bit concerned about the
layover times between domestic and international flights especially on our return
We are considering to take the Sriwijaya direct flight Sorong – Jakarta
This flight departs at 11:30 and (hopefully) arrives to Jakarta at 13:40

Our international flights home would be in the evening (from 22:00 to 00.05)

In your opinion, is this layover time safe enough or it’s too tight?
Thank in you in advance for your help

all you need is to arrive before your boat leaves. last trip to RA was 2hrs by boat. yours may differ.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom