Sorry...this is non-dive related...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr Paul Thomas once bubbled...

I have not yet stained my OR ceiling but white coats don't provide much protection! :geek:
I thought he was full of it when he said it would squirt. It is amazing how much pressure can build up...I wish I could have measured it in ATA before I popped it..

And I was worried about grossing everyone out! I would have posted what I told you privately had I known where you were taking it, O-ring. It's probably just as well, though.

I had the same injury two years ago from playing basketball. I won't go into too many gory details, but your "Shark Fin" analogy is a pretty good one, O-Ring! :)
In my case, there was enough nail still attached, that I couldn't cut or pull the rest off, and leaving it on there was a major snag hazard (very non-DIR). So I went to a podiatrist, had him shoot up the toe with anasthetic, and pull the rest off with special "toenail" pliers. I can't describe how weird it felt having that strong tugging feeling at the end of my foot without the pain - but one thing I was sure of, without the drugs there would have been a LOT of pain. So, a funny looking toe resulted, but I was able to dive in just a few days.
By the way, it took almost a year for the nail to grow back enough to need trimming. Kind of a bonus, really. :D

Get well soon.

there is no compensating discount on the manicure/pedicure. It just isn't right!

O-ring once bubbled...
I am in the process of losing a toenail due to injury...it is the big toenail on my right foot. Anyway, it is still quasi-attached on one side, but I can lift it up and feel around under there (as well as look). I can see/feel that another nail is already starting to grow in the nailbed...

What do I do??? Do I pull off the top nail (including the attached part (about 4-5% of the total nail) or leave it alone?

I can post a picture if necessary...

Well, maybe this is too late for that toe, but next time you could just drop your tiny weenie light canister on it and I promise you, it'll take care of the problem.

~<//><

Where's the JUSTICE?!? :D

kelpmermaid once bubbled...
there is no compensating discount on the manicure/pedicure. It just isn't right!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom