sp-350

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LindaBluedolphin:
I orderd a R-CRV-3 charger kit and extra battery got them very quickly. Will let y'all know how they work out after my Florida trip. I may even have some photos to post. I will need to find out from the operator how they handle camera handoff's on live drops (will be diving in WPB)

Jump in w/ camera... let someone else handle the flag - or the DM will have the flag if their in the water,.... hand camera up to mate/dm when climbing the ladder....

netmage:
Jump in w/ camera... let someone else handle the flag - or the DM will have the flag if their in the water,.... hand camera up to mate/dm when climbing the ladder....

I actually know the drill, but since I have a brand new digital I am paranoid. I definately don't want to jump in the the camera, but on a live drop the boat might be moving, there may be a strong current (not sure if there will be a current line or not). Might be hard to hand down a camera in strong current, hope fully the WPB currents will be kind.

As for handling the flag, I tried that once, it is best left to someone else. besides I believe these will be guided dives so the DM will have it.

I wouldn't jump in with it. That's just asking for trouble. How about a long lanyard to hang it from the boat so you can grab it and clip it on?

Just bought a 16mm Sea & Sea Wide angle lens on E-bay. With a 46-58 step ring, they'll fit on the SP. The website I checked them out on-$376 new- recommended against them for Olys with 46 and 67mm ports, but Gary (ce4jesus) on Wetpixel forums got a used one for his and liked it, so I thought I'd give it a try. 50 pounds GB, plus shipping. Word is, you have to zoom slightly to prevent vignetting. Until I can justify spending $500 for an Inon adaptor, wide angle and macro it will have to do. If it doesn't work to my satisfaction, I can always put it back on E-bay.

Nice pix Garrett. I was suppossed to be on that boat. Sorry I missed the trip. I'm glad to see these pix as well using the presets. Looks like they do fine until I learn the real ins and outs.

merxlin:
Nice pix Garrett. I was suppossed to be on that boat. Sorry I missed the trip. I'm glad to see these pix as well using the presets. Looks like they do fine until I learn the real ins and outs.
Thanks, I was pleased with the results, have to get a couple books and figure out how to use manual settings.

Don't be sorry you missed the trip, in case you didn't hear, the compressor died while filling tanks for our second dive, the crew managed to scrape enough tanks to get everyone their second dive in, but we had to head home after that. A long trip for 2 dives, but stuff happens, still love the Sundiver and her crew and will be back on her on the 22nd to Catalina.

-Garrett

Go to manual mode. Set the settings you want. Then hit the menu button and go to mode menu. Scroll down to set-up. In set-up, scroll down to MyMode settings. Right scroll to "Current Settings", then click it and specify which of the four MyMode numbers you want it on. I set mine with one on wide settings, one on macro, one on supermacro, each with different flash settings and base settings for focus type and f-stop/shutter speed. Once they're set, you can alter the f-stop and shutter speed while you're shooting with the up/down or right/left buttons. You can also go to manual focus by hitting the menu button and left clicking to focus mode, then adjusting your focus distance.

Got back a few weeks ago from Bali - it was the first time I've had a chance to dive with the camera except one check out dive earlier this year. It's also my first real attempt to take photos underwater.

I was pleasantly surprised. Most photos were keepers. Only used the built-in flash and automatic settings. Will need to set a larger apature in future macro shots...

Now for the stupid question: how do I set a centre spot focus? And how do I hold the focus position while recomposing the image? The main problem was the autofocus fixing on an object out of centre. I don't have the manual or camera with me at the moment but would like to know.

200spiderP6110184.jpg

200shrimpP6090023.jpg

200ghost-pipefishP6090083-c.jpg

200hermitP6110246.jpg

200mantisP6100087.jpg

Cheers,
Rohan

you cant change the focus mode in AUTO but in P,S,A or M if you go to the menu->mode menu->camera-> AF mode and choose iESP, spot, or area.

Nice pics by the way cant wait to get my housing enxt week hopefully :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom