SP pricing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just in case you haven't noticed the dozens of comments by other members, the endless self-promotion is really getting tiring. You'd probably be one of the last places I'd buy from now.

FYI to the spammy Coloradoan, this is the most credited response in the thread.

Personally, the SP prices themselves don't faze me--all five of my regs are Atomics, and dropping a bunch of money on diving gear isn't a big deal. What is a big deal to me is the gimmicky, apparently sub-par service that you get for SP's high prices. Free Parts For Life! Butonlyifyoubuyeverythingfromusallatonce! And don't you dare miss an annual service or you're out forever! And to me, that kind of big corporate approach to service doesn't bode well for getting actual problems resolved.

Conversely, I only have to service my regs every two years. Parts are no big deal. Most importantly, if I have a problem with my Atomics, I know I can call them directly, reach a real person who knows what's going on and has the authority to provide excellent customer service, and get things taken care of properly. If that ever changed, so would my opinion on whether Atomic regs are worth their high price--regardless of their excellent build quality and function.

Last edited:
in any case SP is losing the deals
And untill they see the drop in income, nothing will be done.

Conversely, I only have to service my regs every two years. Parts are no big deal. Most importantly, if I have a problem with my Atomics, I know I can call them directly, reach a real person who knows what's going on and has the authority to provide excellent customer service, and get things taken care of properly. If that ever changed, so would my opinion on whether Atomic regs are worth their high price--regardless of their excellent build quality and function.

And this is another distinction between some companies. I can call APEKs direct for advice but SP you have to go through a dealer. Which is fine aslong as you have a good dealer.

And untill they see the drop in income, nothing will be done.

Oh, I think something has already been done. They "modified" there PFL program, this was done to?

A: Increase customer satisfaction.

B: Increase customer loyalty.

C: try to increase diver safety by trying to force you to have your regs serviced every year

D: try and Increase profits.

I know which one I would pick.

CPH - Gas prices are high in Europe because of taxation. The price of crude is decided by a world market so BP or Shell buy at the same price as Exxon. If the price was not due to taxes then companies would send tankers of $4 US gas to Europe and make $6 a gallon on the deal.

There is no real reason why regulators should be significantly cheaper in Europe than in the US. In the past there used to be a substantial savings if you purchased Scubapro or Apeks regulators from DiveInn in Spain and a US retailer (even Leisurepro was more expensive). However when comparing other brands there was not much a difference at all. The question is why?

Back
Top Bottom