Spanish Rocks Anytime...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, it looks like GulfCoastdiver and I will be attempting a morning dive and then I will be joining the joining the evening dive(s). Like GulfCoastdiver said - if the morning weather is bad then we'll just do the evening dive(s).

If weather turns out to be bad the evening dive might get called so please make sure you share phone numbers with buddies to prevent a wasted drive.

This will be my first time at this site so I might look towards some of you for direction on a dive plan.

Thanks!!!

Ben

I'll be there at 5pm unless there is sound of thunder near.

I wonder how viz will be with the recent storms.

Last edited:
I just got a message from Ben and GulfCoastdiver, who went to Spanish Rocks this morning. They say the viz there is bad and are going to head down to Venice to see if it’s any better.

I’m going to wait and see what they find out, but if they report good conditions, does anyone want to relocate to Venice?

I plan on going to Venice on 7/26 so I will just wait till then. We may want to try Spanish Rocks another day when rain chances aren't so high. Right now we are still at 50% with cyclical rain bands coming through the area.

Just heard from Ben…. conditions at Venice are not the great. However, I'm thinking I might still head down this afternoon.

We'll have to try Spanish Rocks some other day.

Just got back. Spanish Rocks had about 12 inches of viz so GulfCoastdiver and I ended the dive. We hit Venice and had about 3-5 ft viz once we reach 18ft. I am going to call it a day and hope Sat is better.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom