Spanish Rocks on the 25th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We all know you are slow Reef, there is no need to bring it up. We all still like and respect you :rofl3:

I will aim for arrival around that same time. GRD, how will I recognize you when you arrive? I will be in a red Silverado

Photoshop is evil.

Don't let me get a pic on the surface this weekend.:wink:

Photoshop is evil.

Don't let me get a pic on the surface this weekend.:wink:

You think you can make me more funny looking than I already am? Good luck!:mooner:

With the weather reports talking about bad weather in the gulf and moving west over the next 2 days, wouldn't that create bad conditions for a dive this weekend?

Saturday only has a 30% chance of rain and partly cloudy. I am going to take my chances. I will be there between 9:30 and 10:00. I drive a gold silverado extended cab. It has a scuba board sticker on the back window.

Saturday only has a 30% chance of rain and partly cloudy. I am going to take my chances. I will be there between 9:30 and 10:00. I drive a gold silverado extended cab. It has a scuba board sticker on the back window.

I feel the same. If I was planning on launching or chartering a boat, I may feel differently, but for a shore dive the weather prediction doesn't concern me enough. After all, there is only about 30% chance of an accurate weather forecast...

GRD, is your newbie arriving with you or separately?

She will be arriving seperately but at the same time.

Directions, in case anyone needs them, courtesy of MissD...

From Tampa ST/Pete: I-75 south from Tampa to the Bradenton/State road 64 exit.
Note, there is an A and B – take exit A it will head you toward the beach. Make a left on 75th street (there is a detour sign there), Turn right on Cortez/64 (yet another sign), Turn right at Gulf Drive and go north about 2 miles, at the light follow Gulf Drive to the left (if you continue forward it becomes another road).
The beach access is on the left after you round the curve. It is a small sand lot between some houses and apartments. Just pull in and park. Gear up walk down the beach to the left about 50 yards (6 houses).

From Sarasota/Bradenton:
Take 41 north to Cortez Rd. turn left (west) on Cortez until you cross the intercoastal waterway.
Turn right at Gulf Drive and go north about 2 miles
Follow Gulf Drive to the left at the traffic light
The beach access is on the left after you round the curve
Beach access is a small sand lot between some houses and apartments. That is where you want to be. It is a small sand lot between some houses and apartments. Just pull in and park. Gear up walk down the beach to the left about 50 yards (6 houses).

The address for the house next to the sandlot where one should park is; 33 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria, FL.

If there is any doubt that where you parked is legit/legal/whatever, be CERTAIN before you leave your vehicle. A few us had some "interesting contacts" with the local PD and residents over parking...

Able to make it! Woo-hoo! Does any one have a approx. time? EDIT--> I see the time 8:30?

I was there on Wed. and someone cleared off the sidewalk we all parked on last week. That was main reason for most tickets issued. I got one but the nice officer took it back if I moved my truck RIGHT NOW.

Does anyone recall the water temp last weekend at the Rocks?

I don't think it's warm enough to dive naked anymore.:mooner:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom