Spare Air-worth its weight in gold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rds912

Registered
Reaction score
Ok maybe not for diving, but I do have one that I was using in my swimming pool to adjust the infloor cleaning heads. My 5 year old son asked if he could play with it. He is still learning how to swim on the surface with a float vest, but I let him try it without the vest and he was a natural. He can swim for several minutes on a full spare air. Just watching him is worth every penny I paid for this on ebay, however is does not go anywhere near daddys dive gear.:)

Except that he IS using daddys dive gear! Spare Air might be worthwhile or it might be a POS, but you are describing a 5 year old breathing compressed air in the water which is a BAD idea no matter what the source of the compressed air.

Please do not do this again. No one wants your next post to be in incidents and accidents.

Except that he IS using daddys dive gear! Spare Air might be worthwhile or it might be a POS, but you are describing a 5 year old breathing compressed air in the water which is a BAD idea no matter what the source of the compressed air.

Please do not do this again. No one wants your next post to be in incidents and accidents.

Not only that, but now that he's tried it, I'd lock it up somewhere. He's likely to try it again when Dad's not there.

Terry

and even worse he now has the diving bug, and will want you to buy him dive gear, just think of how many wet suits he is going to go through with the amount of growing he will be doing.....

:D

Holy s**t. Well, Cousteau did something similar but they were children of the master.

I don't have children, but am not sure how I would explain to a five year old that he can't take a big gulp of air at the bottom of the deep end and then bolt for the surface while holding his breath.

So did lots of folks, and we survived, and we did fine. That does not make it good idea.

and even worse he now has the diving bug, and will want you to buy him dive gear, just think of how many wet suits he is going to go through with the amount of growing he will be doing.....

:D

thats about the only thing I have to worry about, all of the rest tend to over analyze things

Until he pops a lung when he does get ahold of it and you are not around. Or one of his friends does when he lets them try it and they don't know to exhale. What's next? M80's and a lighter.

Until he pops a lung when he does get ahold of it and you are not around. Or one of his friends does when he lets them try it and they don't know to exhale. What's next? M80's and a lighter.

blink blink.... whats wrong with M80s and a lighter..... they don't do anything when they are wet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom