Spare Air-worth its weight in gold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

actually, I loved blowing things up underwater with M80s when I was a kid.

Dude, you had to go there:D. Cherry Bombs and M80s (equal to 1/4 stick of dynOmite:14:). AND, the fuses would burn underwater :11:.

If you side mount twin 3.0 cf Spare Airs with a long hose will the Spare Air gain some cred :confused: A bandolier of M80s and a frog gig pole spear and a 9cf pony with Calypso J stuck in my belt, wonderful times. :) N

sorry I was not counting the 1 atm already exposed to so yes you are correct at 3 feet tou ADD 1/10 of an ATA so when you put your head under 1 foot of water in your bath tub you ad about 1/30 ATA watch out dont want to get bent, you people also realize that when you go up in altitude you lose atmospheric pressure. as usual some of you took what was supossed to be a light hearted poke at the spare air and a little fun with my child and turned it arround into a technical debate that has no merrit. GET A LIFE

Bah! you know you did wrong! you should have done like I am thinking of doing with my 2 month old nephew, get an XS scuba pony pack and let him use my 19cuft Pony when he fits in it.

thats about the only thing I have to worry about, all of the rest tend to over analyze things

You stupidly risked your 5 year-old's life and your blowing it off as if it was no big deal... "the rest" are not over analyzing but are concerened about your son's safety something you obviously dont think much about...THERE IS A VERY GOOD REASON WHY YOU NEED A CERTIFICATION TO DIVE AT ANY DEPTH AND EVEN TO BUY A SPARE AIR

You stupidly risked your 5 year-old's life and your blowing it off as if it was no big deal... "the rest" are not over analyzing but are concerened about your son's safety something you obviously dont think much about...THERE IS A VERY GOOD REASON WHY YOU NEED A CERTIFICATION TO DIVE AT ANY DEPTH AND EVEN TO BUY A SPARE AIR

please, tell me how i risked my sons life by him breathe from a spare air for up to 60 seconds in 3 feet of water while I am holding on to him, how is this different than him breathing from his snorkle. it isn't the only difference is you made it different. are you telling me that every kid that swims the length of a pool or holds their breath underwater are risking their lives. look at your dive tables, there is a reason they dont start at 3 feet.

please, tell me how i risked my sons life by him breathe from a spare air for up to 60 seconds in 3 feet of water while I am holding on to him, how is this different than him breathing from his snorkle. it isn't the only difference is you made it different. are you telling me that every kid that swims the length of a pool or holds their breath underwater are risking their lives. look at your dive tables, there is a reason they dont start at 3 feet.

holding breath is most definatly different, and a snorkle is not pressurized air...and actually your right my wheel doesnt start at 3 feet...it starts at 5 ft.

holding breath is most definatly different, and a snorkle is not pressurized air...and actually your right my wheel doesnt start at 3 feet...it starts at 5 ft.

pressurized yes, forced no. it is a demand reg only gives enough air to inhale, they will not pressurize your lungs, just like what firefighters use they will not explode your lungs, do some research before you accuse someone of harming their children.

An embolism can occur in 3-4 feet of water. If your instructor neglected to pass this little tidbit on he screwed up big time. Just how long have you been certified and thru what agency? Breathing compressed air is nothing like breathing thru a snorkel. If you'd been properly trained you'd know this. Even at 3 feet you are taking in more air than you would at the surface. Don't exhale and the lung may not expand enough to account for that. Result- somebody hurt bad or dead. There's also a reason that we are not allowed to train below a certain age. For PADI 8 yr olds but they never go under the water. they are on surface breathing thru a reg with a float vest on and only the face in the water. 10 yr olds can dive- with a DM, AI, Instructor or parent. In the Y program 12 is the minimum. There are reasons for these rules. Are you an instructor? Do you know how to train kids to breath on scuba? Obviously not since you don't seem to realize what dive tables are for and not for. THis has nothing to do with tables- It's basic dive physics and physiology. Guess you missed that lecture or your instructor did not think it important.

You also seem to know nothing about your spare air. If it will deliver air at 60 feet it does indeed pressurize your lungs. WHAT KIND OF TRAINING DID YOU GET AND FROM WHO? Cause they were a dangerous individual based on the complete lack of knowledge and understanding regarding just what this sport involves. My God! I can't believe some of this. I do hope that this is a troll. If not, a tragedy is in the making at some point.

An embolism can occur in 3-4 feet of water. If your instructor neglected to pass this little tidbit on he screwed up big time. Just how long have you been certified and thru what agency? Breathing compressed air is nothing like breathing thru a snorkel. If you'd been properly trained you'd know this. Even at 3 feet you are taking in more air than you would at the surface. Don't exhale and the lung may not expand enough to account for that. Result- somebody hurt bad or dead. There's also a reason that we are not allowed to train below a certain age. For PADI 8 yr olds but they never go under the water. they are on surface breathing thru a reg with a float vest on and only the face in the water. 10 yr olds can dive- with a DM, AI, Instructor or parent. In the Y program 12 is the minimum. There are reasons for these rules. Are you an instructor? Do you know how to train kids to breath on scuba? Obviously not since you don't seem to realize what dive tables are for and not for. THis has nothing to do with tables- It's basic dive physics and physiology. Guess you missed that lecture or your instructor did not think it important.

You also seem to know nothing about your spare air. If it will deliver air at 60 feet it does indeed pressurize your lungs. WHAT KIND OF TRAINING DID YOU GET AND FROM WHO? Cause they were a dangerous individual based on the complete lack of knowledge and understanding regarding just what this sport involves. My God! I can't believe some of this. I do hope that this is a troll. If not, a tragedy is in the making at some point.

Bubblemaker Course Details
The PADI Bubblemaker program is for boys and girls age 8 and above. It’s fun, easy and safe. The PADI Bubble maker program is a way for youngsters to join in the family fun of scuba diving or even start a trend! Children should be OK in the water, but they don’t have to be super swimmers since the maximum depth is only 2m/6 ft.

For children eight years and older who want to have fun in the pool
Also available as an open water experience (two metre/six foot max. depth)
Conducted by PADI Instructors
No pre-training required
Uses equipment made for children – not adults
Typical sessions last about an hour (sign up, gear up and fun included)

8 year olds never go under water huh, isnt 6ft "under the water" Im glad you were not my instructor, you dont even know the courses.

Wow the 1st ever spare air thread that did not turn into a spare air bashing contest (so far).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom