Spear fishing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would say spearfishing with tanks at any great depth is definitely advanced diving. Whether it is morally acceptable is something else.
Almost too easy and most fish aren't expecting a spear toting, air bubbling monster to sneak up on them. I prefer free diving and fishing.

My one and only experience using tanks was being invited on a shoot party, off the coast of Tulum. At 150 feet, it was not easy to keep aware of no-decompression limits and also manage the fish catch. I did three dives within 2 hours. I shot a porgy and the Mexican divemaster shot a dozen or so hogfish. I was looking for grouper. None to be found as they had probably been fished out long before. Check out this link:

http://www.seahunters.com

zeN|| once bubbled...
my reply to all that crap would be something akin to "Kiss my ...(not my wife)", that's not their place to grille people, if you are not in violation when they stop you their job is done. You guys work for us! zeN||

I would like to see that and would get a good laugh out of it as he measures each and every fish to make sure its legal size. It seems as though there is always one that is borderline.

There job is to make sure your not in violation. How they determine that usually depends on ones attitude. It may be as simple as eyeballing your fish and asking a few simple questions or it can come down to measuring each fish and making sure you have no illegal species of fish and your license is up to date.

I have had one major run in with a game warden about 12 years back.It resulted in our boots being taken along with our deer rifles and all amunition.The judge very quickly threw it out and and gave us back all of our belongings as we had done nothing wrong. I think she was just out to bust somebody that day and man was she a pain in the a** and very unprofessional. She did not represent DFG very well at all.

Overall as long as they are respectable with me ill return the same courtesy.If he is acting like a jerk ill straight out tell him to check my fish so i can go.If he is being respectable ill sit and chat and answer there questions cause i know what its like to be on the other end. I know how defensive people can get when confronted and asked a simple question. Its also amazing how cooperative people get when i wear my other uniform and weapons during swat operations. The normal smart mouth jerk is ussually much more cooperative. In general if we get called out for assistance that someone is already in a world of trouble and doesnt want to dig themsleves any deeper.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom