Question Spear fishing wetsuit for scuba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Careful, you buy a nice freedive suit, then you find out how great a silicone weight belt is, next thing you will be showing up with Mahi fins!

mahi-fins2__94177.1678031028.jpg
Toss those into this ongoing thread: :)

Also, these two piece suits, require the use of suit lubrication and about 90 seconds of prep before donning, but the process of slipping into the suit is very quick and easy.
What about wearing a skin, so the wetsuit just slides on?

Nope, won't work. The suit lube is much, much easier than a skin.
Well, that kills this idea of a camo wetsuit for me. I am looking for a new wetsuit because my current wetsuit is difficult to don.

The ideal characteristics of a freediving/spearfishing wetsuit and a scuba diving wetsuit are very different from each other though, see post:
I've been content using Mako's 1-piece Reversible 2mm Camo Wetsuit for casual warn water scuba but for all the reasons given in above linked thread personally recommend freediving wetsuits for freediving and scuba wetsuits for scuba...

... because my current wetsuit is difficult to don.
Most of us just claim ' it shrank ' after the holiday meals.

Well, that kills this idea of a camo wetsuit for me. I am looking for a new wetsuit because my current wetsuit is difficult to don.
I'm not sure I understand your thinking on this. Do you feel that you need a dive skin under your suit to aid in putting it on, or for some other reason?

I'm not sure I understand your thinking on this. Do you feel that you need a dive skin under your suit to aid in putting it on, or for some other reason?
My scuba wetsuit goes on much easier over a skin.

Actually, I have more trouble getting out of my wetsuit than getting into my wetsuit.

I usually dive in shorts and a long-sleeve rash guard. I don't dive anywhere cold anymore. Recently I sold my drysuit. But lately I have been diving in places that require that I use my 3mm wetsuit. If I have to use anything heavier than a 3mm wetsuit, then I'm not diving there. So, basically, staying warm is not really an issue because I don't dive anywhere cold.

Tell me about your 2mm one-piece wetsuit.

This is my current wetsuit:
Probe "Quick Dry" 3mm semi-dry wetsuit.
Probe Wetsuits Australia : Mens iDRY QUICK DRY SEMIDRY 3MM - ON SALE NOW!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom