SPG leak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually the spindle thingy, if I am visualizing what you are describing, is more commonly known across different SPG manufacturers as a High Pressure Restrictor. Small thin hollow rod with o-rings at both ends, some manufacturers have a disc in the middle of the tube, making it look sort of like a top, some have only a tube with washers. You definatly need to install the rod and make sure that it has the washers on both ends.

Going from the description from my toolmaker's I get my regulator tools from, "The restrictor is used to seal the HP hose to a submersible pressure gauge, instrument console, or computer."

The spindle, spool, what not, is installed. I was not sure which way to install it (the ends are different), but after taking a closer look, it didn't appear to matter.

I will try cleaning it a bit better and then add the lube.

Thanks for the help.

Tom

Stone once bubbled...
Spindle seems to be UK/European terminology, while spool is heard more often in the US.

What is it called in Canada and Australia?
In Canada it is called, "Hey you hoser, that's a spool, eh?"

In Australia it is called, "Crikey! That's a spool, mate.."

I bought 2 OMS SPG's from LP 2 months ago and they both leaked. I replaced both o-rings on each one and they now work fine

I gotta say, I love this place. I would have no idea how to assemble this thing (better: confirm correct assemblage) without this specific thread.

Scubaboard rules.

How long of a hose are you BP/W guys using? Looks like it came with a 29" or 30"

K

The boot and the hose have to hit eBay so I can go get another HP Hose....

Too funny.

Thanks -

K

O-ring once bubbled...

In Canada it is called, "Hey you hoser, that's a spool, eh?"

In Australia it is called, "Crikey! That's a spool, mate.."

To correct Oring...(as always).........

Buggered if I know what it is, turf it, and she'll be right mate.....No worries.

Back on track.....You bought a new SPG with corrosion in it???????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom