SPG Mounted to Inflator hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Granted, this picture shows the pony bottle's HP hose routed along the 'flator's path, but I would not completely discount the single tank's HP hose's ability to conform to similar bends. It might require a slight change in angle & height of BC placement, possibly changing the ports the other hoses use, as well as perhaps changing the optimum length of LP inflator hose, but it is definitely not impossible for me to imagine.

[c]

I did not ever notice that hose other than to know it was there because I put it there.[/c]

It works fine. Here is a shot of mine routed as described. No need for a shorter hose at first, just route the HP hose around the tank and down as desired. This is a good way to see exactly where the SPG should be as you need to be able to bend it and read it. Just some trial and error. Then when you get it where you want it, measure and order the correct length hose.

If no one reinvented the wheel we'd still be using stone wheels.

Picture2002-7.jpg

I used to do a small SPG clipped off to the hip d-ring on my single tank and technical gear. Now ive gone for the HP hose down the same bungee as my wing inflater and the gauge just need to the inflate and deflate buttons. I use this on both my setups and prefer it. Its a bit less cluttered, its easy to see even with no hands so im sticking with it.

SCUBAPRO BCs have a clip on the corrugated hose with two clips on either side. One is for the traditional routing the low pressure inflator. The other one I use for my SPG hose. Together with the velcro strap, it keeps the gauge always within easy reach even with a traditional hose length. You might try picking one up.

Thanks for all the feedback. Funny enough my first OW dive my instructor was the owner of the shop. I saw he had a very nice setup and he was using an air intergrated wireless wrist mounted computer. I also noticed he had a backup pressure gauge attached to his inflator. Thought it was quit amusing that he had the identical setup I wanted. I ended up placing an order after the dive, though I opted out of the air intergrated and I am going with the Zoop.

Back
Top Bottom