Spiegel Grove (Key Largo)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

with BlueWater Divers has the opportunity to request a specific location (eg. The Spiegel Grove). We then market that trip as a "Spiegel Grove" (or whatever) trip to other parties who inquire about that particular date/time.

We often make two consecutive dives on the Grove. In fact, we made two dives there yesterday afternoon. After dive one, we asked everyone aboard if they would like to stay there for the second dive. The decision was unanimous, so we stayed.

If anyone aboard wants to move after dive one... we move. This is not uncommon when conditions at the Grove are strenuous.

PINKPADIGAL
I recomended IT'S A DIVE it is in Maryott Hotel in Key Largo more or less mille 100. for me they are frendlis and profetionals.
Regard
Paco:)

My suggestion for great diving in the upper Keys is Conch Republic Divers. I've been diving with them for almost 4 years and have never had a problem with the operation or the crew.

I just got back from a great vacation with them in early May. We dove the Speigel, the Duane, the Bibb and the Eagle in 2 days.

All you need to do is call them in advance (I call 30 days in advance) and tell them what you want to dive. They then tell people who are calling afterwards what to expect when they arrive. They also have two boats. The big 46' Republic 4 and the small 6 pack Osprey.

--Rick

Don't discount Bonaire. The Hilma Hooker is ok but the windjammer is magical.

Luis por tu nombre supongo que eres latino, de donde eres? yo soy peruano.
Regard
Paco

Bluewater Divers is one of the best ops around here in my opinion. They are not a cattle boat, the guys are very knowledgable and they do their best to cater to their customers needs/wants. Check them out at www.Bluewaterdiver.net.

Hope you get to see the Grove on your next trip she's well worth it !

Reeflover

For my nex dive I try to use bluewaterdiver:mean:

Did both the Spiegel Grove and the Duane May 2-4.

PinkPadyGirl, I had been waiting to dive the Grove since I went in Feb and didn't make it out there that trip (no wrecks at all, in fact). Went there in May, and to be honest, I liked the Duane much more than the Grove, although that might be because we dropped on the bow (I was really hoping for a stern drop).

PK, it's my understanding that the Grove was supposed to be dropped right side up, and ended up on it's side by accident. They tried to rite it, but failed. The reason they wanted it right side up, is because then it would be open to non-advanced divers (with the deck being around 60'). Being on it's side changed that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom