Spiegel Grove (Key Largo)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Disclaimer:

I'm sure the other charters are fantastic, and the crew is subject to the whims and whines from the divers, and this has been my only Keys dive to date.

I liked "It's a Dive" at the Marriot because:

1. We dove their 6 man small boat (~30'). You're more likely to get whiners on cattle boats. Fewer people = fewer wimps.

2. We went out in 4-6' seas and had a great trip.

3. Great crew, no pushy overbearing DM babysitter to treat you like a noob. I was free to dive solo and use my own judgement.

Don

Current

I have been on the Grove when it was like a pool Zero i mean zero current it was awesome

I have also been like a flag on a flagpole blowing in the wind either way i loved it

Still Waiting to do a night dive on it someday

A truely great dive site that affords different experiences depending on the type of conditions the day and time you dive it. I have seen current at the top and almost none at depth and I have seen little current at the surface and moderate at depth and I have seen the current change in a matter of inches or over a period of time as short as a couple of minutes. But the one thing I can count on is the kind of dive that leaves other divers saying "wow, that was my favorite dive".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom