Spotting for a valve drill

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grazie42:
A slight hi-jack...do you ever practice buddy-breathing? Was it a required skill in your "technical" training?

I´m just asking as I got the impression in another thread that GUE, at least, doesen´t teach it(?)
I had to do it in my wreck-class and during cave (different agencies and instructors) we were expected to "look pretty" and move fairly quickly while doing it...also in sim siltout...did I just get lucky with my instructors or is it commonly taught in OE-courses?

I have not had to buddy-breathe on any GUE class, and I do not think it is on the "required" skill lists for tech1/2 or cave 1/2

TSandM:
I closed my right post, breathed the primary reg down, and took it out of my mouth and clipped it off. I reached for my secondary . . .

A very minor question about training sequence (or possibly my own poor performace). I do not clip my primary, after breathing it down, BEFORE going to my secondary. Rather, afterward. I spit the primary out when it breathes down, go to my secondary, clip the primary, open the right post, close the isolator, ...

In this case it wouldn't have made a whole lot of difference, although it takes a second or so to clip off. Just curious about the optimal sequence.

It was really kind of simultaneous . . . I was clipping off the primary with my right hand while reaching for the secondary with my left, and the secondary just wasn't there.

I'm not sure anybody ever specifically told me the order in which to do it, but taking the primary out and clipping it off seem to go together, because certainly in a class, if you drop the primary without clipping it off, it will probably end up somewhere you don't want it to be :)

Lynne,

Maybe holding it in your hand until you've got the secondary in your mouth is the way to go then.

BTW, if you just stopped all the drills all the time these incidents wouldn't happen. :D

BTW, if you just stopped all the drills all the time these incidents wouldn't happen

I know, I know . . . But I've GOT to pass Rec Triox, because that's my tech pass out of Fundies, and I need the tech pass to get into the caves, and I've GOT to get back into the caves . . . :D

you can go cavern to cave route with NACD, NSS, NAUI...... not sure you need fundies tech to get in there?

[Y]ou [TSandM] can go cavern to cave route with NACD, NSS, NAUI...... not sure you need fundies tech to get in there?

Maybe I could, maybe you could, but I think I can safely safely that TSandM could NOT go the non-GUE route to Cave!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom