Spring straps really worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
Innovative scuba has a good line. I wish I had them long ago.

I agree with Catherine. Innovative Scuba Concepts part numbers RB-4011 thru RB-4648 are the best I have found. Get them from Dive Sports Online and they will work with you on the right size. After ordering the wrong size, I ordered two sizes and sent back the other one. They are very nice people and have the best on-line scuba shop I have seen. I wear a size 10.5 / 45 shoe and use Scubapro Jet Fins. I ended up with size medium straps.

http://www.divesports.com/mall/innovative_acc_springstrapspro.asp

My instructor all but laughed at me when I took my AOW and had SS on. I got the last laugh because he ended up buying a pair and loves them.
I have a the Halcyon ones (used) and the others I got through LP, can't remember the name. Like them both.

Vayu:
... I doubt that people are out there losing jet fins often.

-V

Charlie99 gave me a lone Jetfin he'd found while diving ... he told me they are the most common fin type he finds. I've nearly lost mine while boarding the boat several times as they are negative... one slip and down they go... Of course the springs go over my wrist (the straps wouldn't for some reason) so I have a good hold on them now.

but I don't think the loss is due frequently to straps breaking so much as them getting dropped overboard (though the one he gave me had no strap on it ...)

Now ... does anyone have a single non-lightening size large Jet fin they want to get rid of :wink:

Aloha, Tim

I might know someone who threw a pair over the side of a boat and only recovered one. If you can fit the straps over your wrists then they will not likely fall. Most of them aren't lost at depth :D

In fact I'm fairly certain that steel straps would increase the amount of negative buoyancy on the fins.

-V

Worth every penny - even at the higher price.

sandman12:
Are the spring straps really worth $56? Almost as much as a pair of jet fins.

Thanks
James

Every penny. Struggle once in the surf with your fins, or have a rubber strap break and screw up a dive, and you will see it's money very well spent.

I love my Spring Straps.

Tobin

It's on my personal "best things since sliced bread" list. They didn't noticeably add to the negative buoyancy of my XL Jetfins, but they dramatically added to their comfort.

Ralph

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom