SPRINGFEST II April 24th, 25th and 26th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We sure hope you guys have a great time. We are not going to be able to attend this year but should be there in October though. Stay safe and happy bubbles.

Sorry to hear that. We will miss you both. :depressed:

I'll still be there Sat morning to go cave diving, and hang out Sat afternoon/early evening,

It is looking like all the regular cave divers are not going to be around Saturday morning and I missed hanging out with my son and other OW buddies last time so if it's all the same with you we can stay local and dive with them. You and I can explore the cavern at Morrisons and/or the cave at Vortex while you are there. :)

We'll be around, I hope to be just down the interstate a little ways cave diving :)

So is it looking like Morrisons is going to be ok for Springfest?

Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service: Tallahassee: Choctawhatchee River at Caryville

Any plans for shore diving on Saturday or are we going to dive Morrisons?

If current predictions are correct and Saturday had ~8' of water, you can get a cave dive in at Morrison. There won't be any ambient light(or atmost, very very little, and stained) for a cavern dive. There likely won't be much in terms of clear water, except in the immediate area of the cavern entrance - so probably not a wise choice for an OW dive.

The predictions usually change as time goes on, so keep a lookout on the website. If it drops faster than currently expected, it MIGHT be viable enough for an OK dive :) Don't expect blue, clear water for sure though!

Well, for any of our friends that we have not gotten to yet, I am sorry to say that SassyCat and I will likely not be able to make it this year. I do plan to hit Destin Jetties saturday, and we may stop in at Vortex to say hello Saturday evening or (more likely) Sunday mid-morning on our way out of town. We have a family vacation planned in Orlando that has superceeded Springfest. :shakehead: (I know, as astonishing as that may seem ...)
Also, this is the last Scubaboard event in the area before we leave for "The Left Coast" in June. Saturday night was supposed to be our NW FLA Swansong, but I am just not up to partying all night, driving back home, repacking the truck and then driving to Orlando to make a 5 pm checkin.
We have made some wonderful friends here and for those that qualify, you know you will always be welcome at our Casa in Cali, once we get setup. I hear the Kelp diving is awesome!

Capt Grumby

Capt Grumby, you'll be missed dude! Have fun in Orlando, hope to see you guys stop through on the way out.

Do try to stop by! You will be missed! Where you going to be at on the left coast? I lived and dove some of the coast from Napa Valley and North, and it's fantastic although very cold diving! Hopefully you guys land near the coast! (Always need a place to crash when I'm out and about :D)

Well, for any of our friends that we have not gotten to yet, I am sorry to say that SassyCat and I will likely not be able to make it this year. I do plan to hit Destin Jetties saturday, and we may stop in at Vortex to say hello Saturday evening or (more likely) Sunday mid-morning on our way out of town. We have a family vacation planned in Orlando that has superceeded Springfest. :shakehead: (I know, as astonishing as that may seem ...)
Also, this is the last Scubaboard event in the area before we leave for "The Left Coast" in June. Saturday night was supposed to be our NW FLA Swansong, but I am just not up to partying all night, driving back home, repacking the truck and then driving to Orlando to make a 5 pm checkin.
We have made some wonderful friends here and for those that qualify, you know you will always be welcome at our Casa in Cali, once we get setup. I hear the Kelp diving is awesome!

Capt Grumby

Well, After you guys get setteled in I feel it my duty to visit and represent the South. I could wear my 5 mil over my 3 mil. Yeah, That would be comfy.

PS. Destin Saturday morning sounds great. A final warm dive for you sir.

Do we still have some that are interested in diving East Jetties in Destin on Friday 4/24? High tide is at 9:42 AM. I need a dive buddy that is familiar with the area.
I will be at the Destin jetties on Saturday morning for sure. I do not currently have an arrival time in the area Friday so I do not know if I can make the high tide time. Most likely I will not be there that early.

jhayes,
I'm not sure yet what I'll be doing 100% yet. If the weather man gives us nice seas then I may be headed offshore to maybe the Freighter or Mass, depending on Viz. I'd love to commit to you but it's to soon to tell. Plan B WILL be either Navarre, Destin or both!

Do we still have some that are interested in diving East Jetties in Destin on Friday 4/24? High tide is at 9:42 AM. I need a dive buddy that is familiar with the area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom