SSI Stress & Rescue Course vs PADI Rescue Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, PADI does allow equivalents. From the Professional Membership Guide in the back of the Instructor Manual, under PADI Professional Ratings:

I wonder why they don't say it right in the course prerequisites directly?

Even if PADI Rescue is not required, it is a good idea, since the DM will likely help with such classes in the future. Or teach them, if he/she goes on to the instructor level.

I wonder why they don't say it right in the course prerequisites directly?

It's also addressed in GS&P under Prerequisite Certifications. Maybe since they put it at the beginning and end they didn't feel the need to repeat it for each course.

It's also addressed in GS&P under Prerequisite Certifications. Maybe since they put it at the beginning and end they didn't feel the need to repeat it for each course.

Probably

---------- Post added November 27th, 2014 at 09:04 AM ----------

Even if PADI Rescue is not required, it is a good idea, since the DM will likely help with such classes in the future. Or teach them, if he/she goes on to the instructor level.

I would concur. I wouldn't want to have the first PADI Rescue Diver Course I ever saw be the first one I was asked to teach.

Whats your problem with replying to old threads?

It does not matter if you take SSI Rescue... as long as you also take PADI Rescue Diver as well.

:d

You must be PADI AOW and PADI Rescue Certified, per standards of PADI DM Course.

Your signature line says you're currently a DM candidate at a (PADI) shop. How is that possible if you haven't even taken Rescue Diver yet?

And how is it possible that you asked your question as a reply to a 12yr old thread? :d

Whats your problem with replying to old threads?

There seems to be a problem at times. When I first joined in '07 I dug up like 12 old threads and replied to each (retired, nothing better to do). I was not the social media expert that I am today (yuk yuk). Boy did I get my comeuppance (sp?)!

Back
Top Bottom