Starlink Internet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So you need two of them...???

No they come as a pair and already setup to talk to each other. It was really easy to setup.

But I think just putting down ethernet, that short of a run is super easy.

They come in a pair. I used to install these down in florida. Good stuff but you could get away with the nanostation? or loco. cant remember the name of the model but is a lot cheaper.

I never liked Unifis other products for point to point wireless. They typically break any mdns, these don't IIRC.

The other issue is the unreliability of Windstream...we lose internet several times per week.

Another issue/question with Starlink is about tree cover. I have a lots of trees around the property.

There is one spot in my yard where I have a seemingly good degree of unobstructed sky.

What % of the sky and at what bearing has to be unobstructed for Starlink to work reliably?

When I use the Starlink app it tells me I *may* have too much obstruction and *may* experience issues.

Another issue/question with Starlink is about tree cover. I have a lots of trees around the property.

There is one spot in my yard where I have a seemingly good degree of unobstructed sky.

What % of the sky and at what bearing has to be unobstructed for Starlink to work reliably?

When I use the Starlink app it tells me I *may* have too much obstruction and *may* experience issues.
If you are talking about your house, I can't imagine you getting reliable starlink signal. Your tree cover is pretty massive.
I use it on a boat and it is awesome. Excellent speed and reliability. But I also have perfect unobstructed sky view on the boat.

We don't have any other option than starlink or Verizon. Starlink is decent but can be frustrating. The modem/router is horrific in handling more than a handful of clients and you can't control or prioritize traffic. If you go with separate router you loose all starlink functionality for seeing what the dish is doing. If I had cable option I'd go with that without blinking.

If you are talking about your house, I can't imagine you getting reliable starlink signal
Yea I am ....
If I had cable option I'd go with that without blinking.
me too

Starling seems a good idea but I wouldn’t do any thing that tied me to the whims of musk, the “no contract“ thing seems great but it cuts both ways. I have a wireless Internet system because there is no other option here other than Hughes net with caps and throttling. would love the cable option but it’s never going to reach my place.

Would putting the dish on a mast give you enough height on your property?

What whims? :rolleyes:

me too, we will never get it either.
Stuff like this

if he feels he has enough market share there is nothing stopping him from jacking up the price of your “service” he is a petulant child with way to much money.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom